One

Janet walked along the mountain trail. She had waited years to come to Peru for the Mountain City. Walking up was not easy, but she was with a small group of Archeologists who were looking for evidence of building on the way up the rocky mountain. They were spread out to do this, she was the girlfriend of one of the men, but she was considered a volunteer, so brought along. She was looking then thought that she heard something from just below the ridge to her front. She moved close, getting down, she could not just stand where the mountain fell off, so crawled to it. Then she felt it harder, and knew that something was telling her that just a few feet down was what she was looking for, she called her boyfriend and he came over. He had climbing gear, and with him came two other men. He agreed to go over the side and see what was there. It was almost a half hour of pure torture for Janet. She waited and all the while it was calling to her, making her just want to jump off the side and find what it was.

The line secured and the two men holding, her boyfriend went over the side, he was down about 30 foot, when he saw what was clearly a cave in the side of the mountain, if he had been off by as much a meter either direction he would have missed it for sure. He tugged on the line, and when up, he told his friends that they were both going down. He tied her to another line, he went first, then got into the mouth of the cave, put in a couple of anchors, then got the line that she was attached to, running it through them, he brought her down slowly. Then pulled her into the opening, back about two meters and he undid their climbing gear, then using his flashlight and walked down the cave, it bent back to the left after about 10 meters, then suddenly the walls were not rough and natural, but smooth and made. It was in fact as smooth as glass along the walls and the floor was roughed on purpose to help walking.

Suddenly Janet pulled him back. She went in the lead, she stopped where there was only air, seemed to touch something and he saw a shimmer, then she went forward and suddenly there was light. It came from the wall was all he could say, he watched her go forward.

Janet went through the force field, that was all she could call it. She had touched it, felt the tingle run through her body, it felt like something said yes. Then the lights came on, and she knew to walk down the cave. She went down, more and more, it was sloped down a little, but there was no evidence of any rain or other erosion on the cave. She knew that this could not be natural, but it was still a cave, then it widened, and squared, and it was not a cave but a hall. It was tall, about three meters, and wide, about the same. It went down, and she saw what she knew to be doors on the right and left, the voice in her head said no to each of them.

She had passed several doors, knew that her boyfriend was saying something to her, but did not care at this point. She only cared that she find what she was looking for. She pushed on, past about 30 sets of doors, then suddenly there was a door on the right that was the right door. She turned to it and it opened. She walked through, and then it shut behind her before her boyfriend could come through.

The door shut in his face, and nothing he could do could open it. He was worried, then realized that the lights were still on, that there was still air, and that it was warm, so that he was not being hurt, it was unlikely that she, who had been led her, was either he walked back up the hall after about a half hour, then sent a message to his friends, the light was still there and he was allowed back to the door, which he had had to count to find. So he settled down waiting for Janet.

Janet entered the room, she knew the door shut, and cut her off from her boyfriend, but she was beyond caring about that. The room was large, it was well lighted like the hall, she saw a table in the front middle of the room, she went to it, on the table was a case, closed with a glass top. Or at least it looked like glass, inside were nine cut gem stones, they were nine colors, clear, white, yellow; green, yellow, red; blue, purple, and black. She felt something off the first thee, then the next three, but the last three she did not feel a lot from them, they seemed out of reach. She knew she was not to touch them, so walked around the table, there was a chair, it was not meant for her, it was large, in fact it was huge. It looked comfortable, and somethings was telling her to sit in it. To the front was what looked like an upscale video-audio set up, but not what would be normal at all.