CHAPTER-2

"I want to ask her out, and... you have to help me"

Lily tried to put those words inside her head, and make some sense out of it, and then she understood what he was telling. And started laughing.

"I'm being serious"

"Yeah yeah, when did you started having crushes huh. This can be the headlines of our school you know"

"That's why I never told you"

"So, your being serious huh"

"Yes, please"

"Okay it's your wish anyways, what should I do"

"Just be friends with her and make her go out with me"

"Come on I'm going to ruin a girl's life by setting her up with you, I feel bad for that girl"

He glared at her but because of his endless pleading atlast Lily agreed to it.

"Tomorrow morning okay"

"Okay" Lily agreed and waved a bye at him and went inside her house.

_______________________________________

In Lily's House

Lying on the bed thinking what just happened. Rahul has really grown up to have crushes and girlfriends.

But it just felt a little weird for Lily as it was first time Rahul talked to her about a girl in that way.

Lily now started think about her life, it's strange she's a teenager and still she didn't have a single boyfriend or any crushes.

All these thoughts were clouding her brain.

"Come on it will happen in the right time..... or I will be like this forever" she told to herself and fell asleep.

_______________________________________

The next morning, she woke up to a breaking sound from her window. She jumped from her bed.

"It's me"

"What are doing here?"

"We should go to the library"

"What?

"Pooja's there, now"

"7:00 am??"

With that both got ready to go to their school. Never have Lily got up this much early, except when Rahul had practices, only to give him breakfast.

_______________________________________

During 10th Result Day

Rahul comes to Lily's room through her window only when he's too excited to tell her something and can't wait to meet her straight or when something important comes up, like their 10th results.

"Hey what are you doing?"

"My life is finished" Lily told him crying

"Why?"

"I'm one mark less than what I thought I would get"

"Did you fail or what?"

"You see for yourself"

Rahul shocked seeing her marks,

"You are one mark less than our school first rank holder!"

"Yeah I told my parents, I would get 1st rank" Lily told sobbing

"Then what do you think I should do?"

He showed her his mark, and they both laughed at eachother's stupidity.

_______________________________________

Both arriving at the school library,

"Okay I will wait outside, you go talk to her" Rahul told her.

She went inside

It was not that much difficult for Lily to make friends with Pooja as they both have talked during their school Annual functions and both were avid readers too.

Both coming out, Rahul was waiting outside,

"This is my best friend Rahul, you should've seen him in our school cricket matches and this is Pooja"

Oh that grin in his face when she saw him.

"Yeah I've seen him"

"Hi, I have seen you before in.... " Rahul started.

And Lily left them alone to talk.

_______________________________________

During Lunch Time

Lily was waiting for Rahul endlessly, her lunch was getting cold, today was his favourite, Bhindi curry and Chapatti. It's already 2:00 pm.

And, then Rahul came with Pooja, feeling stupid to wait for him, she got up to go to class. But, Rahul stopped her.

"Did you wait for me?"

"No, I won't be so silly to wait for you"
with that she left.

I should've known that he would have been with Pooja, but why did this cause me a prickly feeling, Lily thought.

The next day,

Lily was waiting for Rahul in classroom, but he was nowhere.

Then he came with Pooja, and  looking at Lily. He came to her, telling

"Lily can you sit back Pooja will sit here"

Lily felt something  happening inside her, but she only told "Okay" and went back and sat.

Going home she, waited for Rahul to come but seeing they both come out of the school she cycled home alone.

_______________________________________

In Lily's House

"It's okay Lily that's how people act when they have girlfriends or boyfriends, just get on with it" but why is it so difficult, Lily thought.

And took out her phone to see Rahul's instagram with Pooja and Rahul together in a post.

"Great!" Lily shouted. Tears coming out of her eyes, but she didn't know why.

......................................................................