Chapter Twenty-Seven

It was finally over. Rodrique was repenting for his disgraces with the gods and her finally mission was coming to its climax. Her babies were now tottering around after Drake and her wherever they went. They had visitors in and out every day it seemed anymore, showing how well the staff worked together. They were all used to the visitors now, going about their business unless someone wanted to see the cottages. They even hired more staff to help with it all, 3 more cottages being built to accommodate the new staff with their families.
   The doctor was documenting the growth of the babies with their rapid growth markers. They were 7 months old now, tottering about and jabbering away together in their own language. Her little girl was a spitting image of her with her father's bright eyes. The boys naturally took after their father in appearance with her thick hair and eyes. She felt pride swell as she watched her babies take down Drake as they play fought with him. They rolled around the floor laughing together as she sat in her comfy chair with a book.
   She peered out the door way to see another tour of the house being done by one of their newer staff. She smiled at the guests who looked in curiously at the scene playing out on the floor. All of the new staff had been welcomed with open arms. The human race was leery of the supernaturals at first, keeping their distance for several weeks after their home had been opened up for anyone to see how their several species staff worked together knowing what they all were. Slowly but surely they came around, scheduling visits to the house, asking questions and even eating meals with everyone. Of course there was still doubters which they had expected from the start.
   Drake and she retired from headquarters with full pensions thanks to their work against Rodrique and opening their home to the public to increase relations with the species. They had the option to go back when the babies were older, even having the chief of the human barracks they ran in extending an invitation to them to return which was tempting now that they knew what they were. She smiled inwardly at the memory of their human police brethren being the first group welcomed into their home to tour it.
   Her father was even making regular visits to the house to visit with his grandchildren, taking time from work to come over. The gods found favor with him, having sent him his soul bearer reincarnated with her memories of him. It was the first time it had ever been recorded to have happened. Drake had a surprise of a lifetime when he had a relative show up who he had thought to have perished long ago. Turned out that he had a living sister left from his past that had come when they had opened their home. They had bought the property that came up for sale that bordered the their property to be closer. Her soul bearer was a sweet quiet man who lit up every time he saw the babies playing.
   They were unable to have children together, both having suffered irreversible damage to their bodies in their respective pasts. Headquarters didn't hesitate to relocate the last 2 orphaned children into their care at Drake's request. The children were much older than the babies but bonded to them nonetheless. They had only had a few months with them but it felt like a lifetime together. Drake was finally out of his shell, smiling and laughing more than she had ever seen before, even shocking Danielle during her visits to the house.
   As it turned out, Danielle ended up finding her soul bearer when they went public about the supernaturals. He was a half breed attorney that didn't know he was half human and half fae. They started seeing each other 2 months ago with Danielle reporting that things seemed to be going well with it as he learned about his fae side. It made her happy to see more supernaturals finding their soul bearers after many had lost hope.
   As with anything of this nature, her mission would never be over. She would always be an advocate between the species, being a symbol of unity and hope. Together with Drake, they would fight until every last person from every species accepted that the world was better with them united rather than apart. It was already a better place as everyone worked together to fix the broken parts of the world. She peered out the window with a smile, knowing the future held so many wonderful possibilities.