☁️Yang Jeongin - Sewn

"Ow!"

"Jeongin, I said stand still!"

His feet had been shifting from one to the other, and Jeongin didn't notice until he stopped. "Sorry," he mumbled, turning to fidget with his ear instead. "I can't help it."

Meanwhile, you kept your eyes trained on his navy half-jacket thing; the one you stitched together for the outfit he'd wear on stage, only to have one of the embellishments come loose mere minutes before the scheduled concert.

"I know you're nervous about the concert but try to stop squirming around so much, yeah?" you said through clenched teeth, the thin string of thread in between. "I was so proud of this one too. Do you know how long it took to sew in each individual beading?" Seeing the downcast look in his eyes and his pout made you bite your lip with mild regret. "I'm sorry, just... try to be careful during the performances."

"Sure." He tried to give you an assured smile, even though you knew full well their choreography would be anything less than merciful to them, much less your piece of work. You sighed and pulled out another pin from the cushion on your wrist.

Your breaths were subconsciously strained, but that didn't stop warm wafts from tingling against the skin of his collarbone.

"Call in the seamstress minutes short of the stage why don't you. Not like I hadn't spent weeks perfecting the patterns beforehand." Even your muttering he couldn't help but find it cute.

You would squint with your head tilted to the one side to see at just the right angle. Loose strands of hair fell out of your messy bun threatening to obscure the view while your eyes gleamed reflecting off the sparkling jewels adorning his jacket. You were so close, so near he was convinced you could hear his heart drumming up a band inside his chest. So close he felt the sudden need to take a step back, or two, or just-

"OW!"

You staggered back, blinking in surprise. "I didn't even prick you this time..?"

"I-I- uhh..." His mouth was empty of any good cover-up. His gaze bounced around the room in search of an explanation, but he fell short. Honestly, he didn't know why he did it, he just knew he couldn't handle any more of the fluttering feeling swarming his stomach. Otherwise he thought he might have actually exploded. So he just ended up standing there in awkward wordlessness.

Shaking your head, you gestured to a nearby chair. "You know what? Maybe we should do this sitting down."

He followed, like a dog with his tail tucked between his legs. The next minutes passed by in silence, not uncomfortable silence, nor complete silence for the continuous beating in his chest still resounded in his ears.

You were still there kneeling in front of him threading the needle in and out as meticulously as your concentration permitted with the dwindling time. Every so often your fingers would brush against his cold as ice hands and pat down some areas of crinkled fabric, and he'd be left with goosebumps invading the area your skin made contact. Was he the only one who felt how hot it got?

"You know, you used to do that all the time." He continued upon hearing your hum of confusion. "Pricking me, I mean. Back when we first debuted, you were hired to patch up our outfits. And you'd leave more damage to me than you did repair to the outfits."

A soft chuckle left your lips as you cut off the thread. "Yeah, the nerves made my hands shake like crazy. I thought I'd get sued any day."

"How ironic."

"Hey!" You crossed your arms over your chest and huffed. "Well, that was nearly three years ago. I'd say I've gotten better at my job now, wouldn't you agree?"

A single admirative glance over the finished product was enough to affirm that. Jeongin's fingers hovered tentatively over the jewels, fearing a careless touch would cause one to fall out of place, and then he'd have to face your disappointed grimace again. Not that he would mind staying with you for longer. "Yeah.." he breathed.

If only you were aware of the way you had his heart sewn up; how on most days, you mended more than just a button or a rip in his jeans, and how it was moments like this that made his heartstrings tug and play melodies like a lyre.

Your hands reached up to his neck, to adjust and smoothen out the bejewelled collar. "Stunning..." You flashed a satisfied grin. "The jacket."

He could see the pride that glistened in your eyes, and he wished that maybe, soon, he could be one of the reasons you smiled that way. But for now, that remark made his smile drop, before quickly recovering with a clutched hand over his heart, and he gasped, "Ouch."

You rolled your eyes. "What is it this time?"

"You pricked me again." Your eyebrows raised skeptically. "Right here," he said matter-of-factly, pointing to his chest.

God, if he couldn't make you smile the way he wanted to yet then the blush that crept onto your face was enough for now.

"You should, uhm-" You coughed into your fist. "It's time for the stage. Go!"

And soon, Jeongin was being shoved out of the dressing room, you face pressed against his back so that he couldn't see the rosy shades dominating your cheeks, but knew they were there, and that made him giggle gleefully. "Thanks for fixing it, by the way-"

"Yeah yeah just go! Good luck!" As he stood on the edge of the flickering lights, red tints visible on the edges of your ears, you shot him a final thumbs up. "I know you'll do great!"

Yeah, he'll perform his best, knowing you'll be watching as one among many beloved stay. And maybe, soon, you'll realize how much that alone fueled his drive to work harder.