Chapter Seven

TW: mentions of abuse and blood

Roger's POV

Panic flooded every inch of my body, barely noticing the woman from earlier approaching me. My thoughts raced to every place where she could be, nothing came to mind.

Brian rubbed my shoulder and I turned around - being met with Brian's worried face. That alone was enough turn panic into dread.
"W-what is it?"
Brian sighed. "Darren's here, Rog...he was in the fucking audience."
"He's fucking what!" Anger began to boil in me, god fucking help me if that prick got anywhere near her.

I turned around, every inch of fear in my body was replaced with hatred as I found the exit door to the audience. Most people had left by now, I was praying that he hadn't. Leaving Brian behind, I made my way to the door - shoving it open and immediately scanning the area. Very few people were still here, but two people in the corner caught my eye. It was him.

Escaping Brian's grasp, I stormed over to that prick, grasping his collar and throwing him against the wall as soon as he was in my vicinity.
"Where the fuck is she?!" I was seething with rage, I could feel Brian trying to pull me away and tell me it wasn't worth it - but there was no way I was letting this motherfucker go.
Darren grabbed at my wrists, as I took multiple slaps to the side from his 'friend'. "Dude, what the fuck?!" He finally looked me in the eyes, blinked and grinned. "Oh. It's you. Nice to see you, old friend."
"Shut the fuck up. Where is she?" I shoved him against the wall again, standing my ground. No way was he getting into my head.
Darren simply chuckled. Sick fuck. "Why, my dearest fellow, I have no idea who you are on about."
"Yes, you fucking do. Where. Is. She?"
"I really don't." He shrugged. "Care to remind me?"
I groaned, tightening my grip. Everyone had left by now. "Fine. Sarina. Where is she?"
Darren had the balls to look at me confused. "And who might that be?"
"Don't act stupid. You know her. The woman you fucking abused for years and nearly killed."

"Darren, what's he on about?" The woman piped up. I didn't look away from him.
"Nothing, babe. Ignore him. Senile bastard."
"Go on, Darren. Tell her."
"Tell me what, Darren?" I could tell the woman was getting annoyed and scared.
"It's nothing, don't lis-"
"He's an abuser. Abused someone close to me for over 5 years, nearly fucking killed her. I'd leave him if I were you."
A short silence fell on us, my knuckles were white by now. "Darren...is this true?"
"No, no. Of course not, babe."
"Yes, it is." Brian responded. "Let me get you away from here." I could see Brian flag someone down in my peripheral, before the woman was led away.

"You asshole!" Darren growled.
"Same to you, prick. Now. Where the fuck is she?""
A dark chuckle left Darren's throat, every fibre of my being was forcing me not to hit him. "I only said hi to her. Gave her a blast from the past before she scampered on off. I don't fucking know where she is. I don't have her."
Realisation hit me as Darren's words soaked in. I slammed him against the wall once more before releasing him, backing away in order to keep some sense of calm.
"Brian. Keep that prick here, get the police."
"And what'll they do?" Darren laughed. "You have no proof."
Dread hit me as I realised the truth in his words. I had nothing. But then I did. "That's where you're wrong, asshole. Remember the restraining order? You legally aren't allowed in this building, they'll take you away for that alone."
Darren's face fell as the memory of Sar filing the order came back to him, and he tried to scarper away. Thankfully, Brian was there to catch him as he shouted at someone to call the cops.

Whilst they were busy, I turned back around and raced backstage, the need to find Sar becoming more and more urgent. I had no idea if she was hurt at all, and if she was - I had no clue how bad. One of the stagehands saw me and raced over, fear and urgency written on their face.
"Mr. Taylor! We need you." I simply nodded, not trusting me words, and followed the stagehand into some rarely-used hallway.