Chapter One

"Y/L/N!" I was jolted awake by the sound of two voices shouting at me, I opened my eyes and saw two identical faces staring back at me. I pulled the covers to my chest and sat up pouting, "merlin's beard! You tosspots! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I scolded. My twin best friends, Fred and George Weasley, started laughing at me, they stood up from their position crouched next to the bed and stood up. "Oh come on y/n you're being dramatic" George smirked, his brother Fred nodded in agreement, I rolled my eyes "what do you two want anyway?" I asked, grumpy that they had woke me up. Fred sat on the side of the bed and turned to me "well, you know for the last 10 years you have been our....guinea pig of sorts..." , since we met 10 years ago at our first year at Hogwarts the twins has always used me to test their pranks to see if they would work, as we got older and they decided to open up Weasley Wizard Wheezes I had became their guinea pig for their products to, I didn't mean I always found it quite fun...not the puking pastilles though. I nodded ushering Fred to carry on "well for that last couple of weeks George and I have been trying out this position" Fred looked to his brother to continue "it's like a love potion but...more grown up" I raised my eyebrow, intrigued, "how so?" I asked crossing my arms, "well, instead of making you think you're in love with someone it..." George trailed off "makes you wanna' shag them." Fred said matter-of-factly, I narrowed my eyes at them. "Surely that could get a bit...dodgy" I said "well that's the thing y/n! it wont work unless you are already attracted to the person" Fred added excitedly, George cleared his throat "but...we want you to try it to see what it does to someone who isn't attracted to or fancies anyone" he said, I looked over to him. Someone who isn't attracted to or fancies anyone. I quickly glanced at Fred but then diverted my gaze back to George before either of them realised. I shrugged "sure alright" I said, but anxiety was filling my body "when do you want me to try it?" I asked. Fred stood up and walked over to his brother they spoke quietly for a few moments discussing when would be best "after dinner?" George asked. We were planning on having a movie night as Fred and George had never had a 'movie night' before, I guess they would want to keep an eye on me unless things went a bit...weird. I nodded "sure sounds good" my two best friends gave me a goofy grin. "Why did you pull the covers up?" Fred asked nosily, I felt my cheeks redden "well...I'm only wearing bra and knickers" now it was his turn to blush "Oh...fair enough" he quickly turned on his feet and left my room. "Movie night" George smiled shooting finger guns at me before leaving.

I crawled out of bed and rubbed my eyes. I had been staying with the twins for a few weeks as my flat had a bit of a rat problem, I was staying in Fred's room, he had been chivalrous enough to offer me his bed and he slept on a blow up mattress the other side of the room. I got ready to start the day and went out to join the twins for breakfast. They were both talking excitedly about the shop, they loved working there and I loved seeing them happy. Fred turned to me "what are your plans today y/l?" he asked, I shrugged "probably read for most of the day and then I'm meeting Hermione at The Leaky Cauldron" I replied. "How is Hermione?" George asked, her and Ron were on a bit of a rough patch at the moment, a 'break' of sorts. "Yeah, she's good...I mean as she can be you know" George nodded solemnly; we all knew it was Ron's fault that they were on the break; the boy had the emotional range of a teaspoon. The rest of breakfast was rather uneventful, the twins both hugged me goodbye before going down to the shop to start their day. Once they had left, I read for a few hours like I said before going to meet Hermione.

I entered The Leaky Cauldron and saw Hermione at the bar I walked over and popped my head on her shoulder making her jump. She hit my arm and frowned at me "y/n! you have been spending too much time with those two wind-up merchants! You scared me half to death!" she said, unamused. I sat down smirking at her, she was right, being with Fred and George all the time had worn off on me. "sorry Mione'" I look at the bar and see she had already bought me a butterbeer I thank her before taking a sip. "How have you been" I ask concerned, even though on the outside she looked fine I could tell she was hurting, she smiled half-heartedly at me "I'm doing ok! Work is keeping me busy" she replied I nodded. We spent a while talking about her work and my rat infestation before she turned to me and narrowed her eyes "somethings bothering you, isn't it?" she asked, I raised my eyebrows in shock "how could you tell?" I asked timidly, "I've known you for long enough y/n y/l/n to tell when something is bothering you, now what is it?". Even though there was an age gap me and Hermione had always been great friends, "mudbloods stick together" that bastard Malfoy had said at school. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.