Chapter 1 - School's Out

Gwen Stacy, aka Ghost-Spider, was swinging through Manhattan when she starts narrating.

Gwen Stacy: [voice over] Alright, people. Let's start at the beginning one, shall we? My name is Gwen Stacy. I was bitten by a radioactive spider. I soon discovered I had inherited the spider's abilities. I was able to stick to and climb walls and other surfaces. I also had super-strength, endurance, a "Spider-Sense", and I created mechanical web-shooters so I could fire and swing from sticky webs. And for the last three years, I've been the one and only Ghost-Spider. You guys know the rest. I met Y/N, Peter, Anya, and Miles. Went to Horizon High. Battled A.I.M. Stopped The Bodega Bandit... a lot. Saved my dad. I couldn't save one of my friends, Aleksei Sytsevich, so now I save everyone else. Y/N moved to Canterlot City and I haven't from him a lot but he's doing ok.

Gwen jumps off of the Empire State Building and dives towards the street.

Gwen Stacy: [voice over] But after everything, I still love being Ghost-Spider. I mean, who wouldn't?

She swings back into the air and cheers.

Gwen Stacy: "WOO!!!"

She runs on the side of a building, flips over the street, and

Gwen Stacy: [voice over] So no matter how many hits I take, I always find a way to come back. Because the only thing standing between this city and oblivion is me. There's only one Spider-person in this world.

She jumps into the air in front of the sunrise and spreads her arms out while a flock of pigeons flies behind her.

Gwen Stacy: [voice over] And you're looking at her. She says with a wink.

In Miles Morales' apartment, Brooklyn, NY...

Miles was listening, humming, and singing along to his most favorite song of all-time: Sunflower by Post Malone and Swae Lee.

Miles Morales (Singing along to Swae Lee): Needless to say, I keep uh check

She was a bad uh, nevertheless

Rio Morales: "Miles?" His mom calls out.

Callin' it quits now, baby, I'm a wreck

Crash at my place, baby, you're a wreck

Jefferson Davis: "Miles!" His dad calls out.

Needless to say, I'm keepin' her in check

She was a bad-uh, nevertheless

Callin' it quits now, baby, I'm a wreck

Jefferson Davis: "Miles!" His dad calls out again.

Crash at my place, baby, you're a wreck

Oooooh, some things you just can't refuse

She wanna drive me like a cruise--

Jefferson Davis: "MILES!"

Miles stops listening and looks at his closed door.

Miles: "Y-yeah?"

Jefferson Davis: "Are you packed up? The last day of Horizon's summer school is today!"

Miles looks at his bed to see his materials, binders, and pens in a mess.

Miles Morales: "Uh...yeah." He lies.

As the song continues to play, Miles shoves everything into his backpack, including his laptop, and walks out of his room. He passes by his dad and walks into the kitchen.