Ro's genius plan

"Just do it!" Ro complained as Keefe ran his situation in his head again.

The situation, as Keefe so creatively named it, was the conundrum that was always in his head. Did the brave, lovable, but oblivious Sophie Foster share at least some of his feelings?

 Foster was acting a bit nicer, and dare he say it, she might have the littlest, tiniest crush on him. Or at least some little part of her saw him as a bit more than a friend. Keefe just hoped that Sophie wouldn't date Fitz again. Even though it probably made him the worst best friend ever, he wasn't that upset that Fitzphie broke up. And no matter how hard he tries to deny it, he hated the fact that Sophie liked Fitz. Keefe felt every single one of Foster's feelings toward Fitz and just stood there, watching them as they became closer.

"But, what if she doesn't like me....in that way?" Keefe asked, running a hand through his blonde hair, making it even more tousled and messy. 

Ro grumbled. "Then why is she being more likey-likey towards you?" Ro asked then paused. "Didn't you feel her feelings? Like all that 'hey I'm a cool empath that feels stuff'?" 

Keefe couldn't laugh at her joke, but he answered truthfully anyways. Because why not talk about your horrible love life with an ogre bodyguard that had an arrange marriage to 'preserve a line of warriors to the throne'. Which reminds him, he should create more verses of 'The Ballad of Ro and Bo'. 

"Sophie feels.....complicated, I guess. Her emotions just come in a huge rush towards me and I can't really pick up on it all. But....and I can't believe I'm admitting this, to you of all people, Sophie might actually like me?" The sentence came out as more of a question and a bit timid. And then Keefe furrowed his brow. "What made her change her feelings?" 

Ro sighed. "It doesn't matter! Just go up to her and say 'hey girl, I like you' but in like a really deep voice. Us girls dig that y'know." Then she went back to studying her claws, which were a bright neon pink. 

Keefe turned his back on Ro, trying to tune her out.

 "I can't do it." he said.

Ro groaned so loudly that Keefe was surprised that the windows didn't break. 

"Fine!" She declared. "if you won't do it yourself and take the step, all I have left to do is dare you. I dare you to tell Sophie you like her." Ro grinned wide at the look on Keefe's face. "What's that Lord Hunkyhair? Forgot that I had a dare to use on you? And remember, you can't wimp out. If you do, I will tell Sophie myself that you like her and that will NOT be pretty." 

Keefe couldn't believe that Ro would do that. Wait actually- he could. Keefe rubbed his temples He would rather tell Sophie that he liked her instead of Ro. 

Finally he whispered, " When should I tell her?" 

Ro smiled. "There's a good boy. At last, things are getting interesting in Elf Land!" She shouted "Tell Miss. Blondie tomorrow, after school. Tell her that she should take you to her house or to the Shores of Wimpiness. I don't care, just make it happen!" Then Ro paused. "But preferably without Lord Nosypants around." 

Keefe nodded, the last thing he needs is his creepy dad near him while that (going to be) embarrassing moment.

He just hoped that this didn't ruin anything between them. And he prayed that she would return what he felt.

yeah so not that long, sorry about that! just a taste into what the story is going to be about. Also, if you are reading this, thank you so much for choosing this to read:) 

welp, now on to the next chapter lol :p