Tis' The Season

For some reason, the bookstore had an uptick in customers. Yes, it was December, which meant a lot of people were shopping for presents. It would be expected for a business to pick up if the World Between Worlds were a traditional bookstore. While yes, it did carry books like the Iliad and Harry Potter (the latter due to your persistent whining), a majority of the literature was obscure and flat out weird.

The unique bookstore did well enough to provide a steady income for a comfortable living, but it didn't generate enough to put itself on the map. A majority of the customers were just as weird as Obi-Wan and lived in the area. So when there was suddenly a line of customers eager to purchase books like "How To Talk to Your Cat About Gun Safety" and "How to Disappear Completely and Never Be Found," you were shocked.

Even if it was welcome, you weren't prepared for it. It was always just you and Obi-Wan, never any other employees. For this reason, you had been spending an unusual amount of time away from home. This wouldn't be an issue if Ben, your 6'3 personal space prince, were used to being alone. You had no problem with his neediness, even after months of being in your world. It was understandable, and if you were honest, you enjoyed it. You enjoyed feeling needed and wanted.

Unbeknownst to him, you tasked Han and Leia with babysitting duties. They purchased a house outside of the city, closer than before but far enough that you guys could escape the busy city noise whenever you needed to. Their new residence meant whenever Han was bored, he'd accost Ben for the day. Ben would pretend to be irritated, but it was painfully obvious how much he cherished his time with his father. Leia didn't have as much free time, but when she did, Ben was usually, for all intents and purposes, kidnapped for the day.

The first week of December, you decided to find someone to help you at the store, at least until the holidays were over. It was Ben's first Christmas, and things were likely to be hectic. Not just because of the million questions you were going to have to answer, but because you were going to be with family. You were overwhelmed and needed help.

Thank god for Poe Dameron.

That is something you never thought you'd say.

Well, thank god for Finn is more accurate.

The two strolled into the store one day with a coffee in hand and watched as you struggled to help customers find books while also ring them up. Finn, always helpful regardless of what timeline, quickly hopped behind the counter, asked for a quick explanation on how to use the register, and started ringing people up while you answered questions.

When the line was down to two people, you lamented about how stressed you were. Poe then reminded Finn that he was looking for a part-time job while he was in school. You hired Finn almost instantly. Within a few days, you had your first employee. A week later, you had two. Finn's friend Rose also needed a job. Trusting them to find another person to help until after Christmas, you left the store in their hands. For the rest of the month, you had more time for Ben and the list of questions he probably already has written down.

You'd be lying if you said you weren't dreading the moment stores started decorating for Christmas. It meant a lot of huffing and glares whenever you couldn't explain something adequately and defaulted to "ask Siri" as a response.

Of course, Ben didn't disappoint.

*******

"Why is everything suddenly red and green? And why is there a bearded man on everything?" Ben asks as he approaches (and towers over) a life-size Santa statue with a large plastic "step here" button on the base by the feet.

You barely suppress a smile knowing what his reaction will be once the dancing Santa starts playing a loud and overly obnoxious song. As expected, perpetually curious, Ben steps on the button and nearly jumps a foot off the ground, startled, when Santa starts swaying his hips while nearly screaming "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."