Paint and Worry

Mal was never particularly happy about sharing her art with other people. No matter weather it is Evie, the boys or even Ben. Her paintings are not just pretty pictures. They are memories of the past or dreams for the future and present. Some of them are dark and gruesome. Some of them are bright and promising. She hates it when she must submit her work for the art class Ben has talked her into. So, she always did them haphazardly and they always were about things the Auradon kids had told her sprinkled with a little fantasy. Mal's strategy worked. Be busy when asked about her paintings or sketches and submit ides that weren't her own in total. So why was she sitting in the middle of her dorm room with papers and canvases cluttered around her? Queen Belle, her boyfriend's mom, had talked her into showing her and former King Adam some of her work. Her actual work.

Belle had found her yesterday hunched over a pencil drawing of Ben and her friends at the night of the coronation. Mal had planned on adding a bit of color but that had to wait. The Queen wanted to invite the purple haired teen to dinner the next day as she saw what she had called the phenomenal artwork Mal was working on. Mal simply could not say no to Belle's request of showing her some pictures. Luckily Mal had time to pick some canvases, sketches and paintings to bring to the dinner at the castle.

Another dilemma was that the pieces the young fairy was proudest of were the ones the did of her memories and not all of them were good. But she could not just leave them all out because then she would be left with quick doodles and two paintings of ben's coronation and the day the core four arrived in Auradon. Furthermore, she did not have the time to create new ones. So, she was stuck with what she had.

It was nearly midnight when she had finally a good selection of her work. Mal was glad that Evie was with Doug at his parents place to spend the weekend. Else she would have to explain all that to her chosen sister and Mal was not big on sharing emotions. This all is starting to give her some gray hairs and with Evie in the mix it would drive her crazy. Mal had chosen some light doodle, the pictures from the coronation and arrival day and three of the not that bad memories. Now all she had to do was sleep and hope that no one would ask why she had painted them or what her inspiration was. Who was she kidding, she could not sleep.

The next day dragged on and by the time she had to get ready she was a nervous wreck. Her hands were shaking, and she could not keep them still. The dinner was informal bat still with the Queen, former King of Auradon along with Boyfriend and she really did not want to disappoint Ben. To wear she choose a simple light purple summer dress with flats some shades darker than her dress. The flowy dress ended mid-calf. Die to the fact that the dinner was most likely to take place ate the pavilion, she grabbed a thin jacked made out of wool which complimented her dress. She stuffed the paintings she choose in a folder and Texted Ben she was ready to go.

The newly crowned King came minutes later and took her to his scooter. "So "he said dragging the o "any thoughts on having dinner with my parents?" ha asked. Mal scoffed. "To many to go through even if we had a week." Mal answered her voice just barely hiding her discomfort. "Hey" Ben took both her hands in his own "Its gonna be fine, my parents are really nice. They will not judge you for being related to Maleficent." With a reassuring smile he looked into her eyes. "I know" Mal took the helmet Ben was holding towards her "your Mom talked me into showing them some Art I did". Ben knew mal was shy about showing her work but he could not think about any reasons why her art was brilliant and he said so on multiple occasions. "They will love it as much as I" he assured her, kissed her on the cheek and put his helmet on. The fairy took this as a sign to do the same and mount the scooter behind Ben.

I hope you liked this first part. Im aleready working on the second chapter.