Fin

The night had been fun, something that they spent with their long-time friends and Kakashi's students. Kurenai, Gai and Tsunade made true to their word of only inviting their closest friends but they went a bit overboard with the preparation, however, for they rented out the whole place for the rest of the night. Drinks flowed freely, food was served continuously and Tsunade had generously offered to pay for the bill as a wedding gift to the newly weds.

Genma, Raido and Aoba playfully teased the couple and tried to get more food and drinks to their table. His trio of students, together with Hinata, congratulated him cordially, although Naruto was a little bit sulky because he wasn't with them in the actual ceremony. Kakashi placated him with a promise of ramen soon. Tenzo and Sai, who were released from the hospital yesterday, gave them their congratulations, as well, and Sai even gave them a portrait that he drew. It was of the two of them, standing side by side, their hands clasped together and Shizune lightly blushing cheeks and joyful smile was portrayed perfectly in Sai's drawing.

Kakashi and Shizune almost got no chance to sit down, trying to attend to their guests' need and keeping up with their antics, having to stop Tsunade from overdrinking and attempting to stop Gai from having a competition with every guest.

It was past midnight when they got back to her apartment, utterly exhausted but brimming with happiness. They just got married and they got to celebrate their special day with their friends and family. The day just couldn't get better.

Kakashi spoke as he locked the door behind them, "Hey, Shizune."

She turned to face him, "Hmm?"

He put one hand on the side of her face and the other grasped her upper arm. Kakashi delighted at the sight of redness that crept up her neck, "I have a news to tell you."

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "What is it?"

Kakashi grinned behind his mask, "We're having a vacation," he said, going straight to the point.

She blinked, "Wha-?"

His grin widened and he shrugged, "I asked Shikamaru to fill in for us next week and he agreed. We can have a proper honeymoon wherever you want."

Her mouth fell open, "B-but! But what about work?! I know Shikamaru is smart and reliable but we can't just leave him alone to do the work."

Kakashi pulled his mask down to show her a reassuring smile, "I know that but I already took care of it. I have Tsunade-sama and Naruto to help him."

"Huh?"

He ran his hand up and down her arm, "I mean, Naruto is my successor anyway. While we're gone, Tsunade-sama will act as the Hokage on my stead and she'll have Naruto with her to help and to teach him the how-to and the responsibility of a Hokage. That way, he'll learn the basics of being a Hokage. And don't worry about it. I already talked to them before Tsunade-sama got drunk and they both agreed."

A smile started to grow on her lips, which then turned into a full-blown grin and she squealed happily, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Thank you, Kakashi!" she exclaimed as his arms wrapped around her waist. He chuckled and pulled her away at arms' length.

"We both need the little break, Shizune. We deserve it. And, besides, I'd like to get away for our honeymoon," he replied and leaned down to kiss her. God, he can't get enough of this woman.

Their kisses turned passionate and their hands began to roam their bodies. When Kakashi pulled away, he whispered against her lips.

"Let's go, Mrs. Hatake Shizune. Bedroom's calling."