Christmas Special

Merry Christmas, everyone!! Since the holidays are here, I'll be doing something a little different, because today I'll be sharing a short Christmas Special I wrote for you guys! Happy Holidays, everyone! :)

Rayla loved the snow. She had, ever since she was little. It was such a rare thing for the snow to fall in Silvergrove, only falling just about every ten years or so.

Rayla remembered the way her eyes lit up when she saw snow for the first time. She was fascinated, that she quietly passed Runaan and Ethari towards the window, and reached out to press her palm against the glass window, staring outside at the tiny little snowflakes that slowly fell to the ground in frosty layers. She could barely obtain her excitement as she dragged Runaan and Ethari outside to play in the snow.

So when Ezran asked if Rayla would celebrate the holidays with him and Callum together (and that he would have her thrown in the dungeon if she didn't agree), she could hardly retain her excitement.

Now, she was with Ezran and Callum on their way to the Banther Lodge. Oh, and Amaya and Janai, of course. They had made it exceptionally clear they had to accompany them to "make sure Rayla and Callum did no funny business." Hearing that, Rayla and Callum blush a deep scarlet red while poor Ezran almost died of laughter.

"Are we there yet?," Ezran whined from the horse he and Callum were sharing with to the Banther Lodge. "The sooner we get there, the faster Callum can bake his famous festive jellytarts!," he chimed.

Bake? That caught Rayla off-guard at the unexpectedly flustered Callum as she lifted an eyebrow. "I didn't know you could bake. I just always figured if we were to ever leave you in the kitchen alone, you would end up burning the house down," Rayla joked.

Callum shrugged, "Well I mean, it's an old recipe of my mom's, and I'm still trying to figure out how to make them as good as hers were.

Ezran shook his head and beamed excitedly, "No, he's just being modest. Believe me when I tell you this boy can bake! His festive jellytarts are sooooo good!", Ezran exclaimed with a dreamy look on his face," They're so amazingly, incredibly, delicious-"

"Okay, I think we get it, Ez", Rayla laughed.

Not long after that, they reached the Banther Lodge. From the window was left every so slightly open from when Rayla has snuck in, to the arrows that laid split across the floors where Aunt Amaya had tried to kill Rayla months ago, it was practically untouched from the last time they had been there. 

"To the kitchennnn!!," Ezran excitingly squealed as ran past Callum and Rayla and straight to the kitchen. His head poking out the door a few seconds later with a pout, "Are you guys coming, or what?"

Rayla and Callum looked at each other for a few seconds before bursting into laughter. "Don't worry Ez, we're coming," she said, which earned another squeal from the excited boy.

A few hours later, and Ezran and Rayla's jellytarts were done, while Callum's was still in the oven. Rayla's jellytarts were... questionable. It looked good at first, but when Callum and Ezran went to try a bit of it, they grimaced. The jelly was very sour. "Um, Rayla?," Callum asked. Rayla looked up at her boyfriend, "Yes, Callum?" Callum forced a small smile to his lips, "Did you add any sugar to the jelly?" Rayla cocked her head sideways, a confused look on her face. "What's sugar?"

Ezran's jellytarts weren't much better either, but Callum's looked just right, so Ezran and Rayla devised a plan to steal them. As soon as Callum whipped them out of the oven and set them down to cool, Ezran and Rayla exchanged glances, and the next second you know, the two had grabbed the tray from the counter and made a run for it.

"Hey!" Callum yelled as the two giggled off, their mouths stuffed with jellytarts.

Pulished: December 25th, 2021