Year Four.

Hermione and I burst into Ron's room where he and Harry were fast asleep. We forced them awake, with promise of breakfast, and made sure to remind them it was almost time to leave.

"I swear," Hermione hissed as we headed down to the living room of the Weasley's burrow. "They'd sleep right through a fire if we weren't here to wake them."

Hermione and I had arrived incredibly early to the burrow that morning. Molly and Arthur were already awake, as vibrant and welcoming as usual when they greeted us. The two of us helped prepare the food and packed whatever might be needed on our little trip before going to wake the boys.

The Weasleys (aside from Molly), Harry, Hermione, and I were going to the Quidditch World Cup. While I wasn't the biggest fan of Quidditch, it felt like Christmas morning for me, only that my present wasn't going to watch the most important Quidditch match of the season, but to see my best friends and the Weasley family instead.

Finally, everyone had rallied and we trudged a few miles with heavy backpacks on until we met with a man named Amos Diggory waiting expectantly by a tree. Arthur and Amos spoke familiarly, and I assumed they'd known each other for some time. Out of the tree leapt a tall, strapping boy who I believe was Cedric Diggory, a sixth year Hufflepuff student and seeker. He was extremely handsome with messy brown hair, blue eyes, a sharp jawline, and perfectly flushed cheeks.

Hermione, Ginny, and I all sent each other the same look of acknowledgement when we laid eyes on him and tried to mask our smiles.

Our group gathered around a tattered old boot, which was our Portkey to the match.

We landed roughly on the ground, while Arthur, Amos, and Cedric gracefully descended as if this was something they did regularly.

The campground surrounding the pitch was bustling, and the feeling of excitement was insurmountable. The match hadn't even started yet, and people were already celebrating. Our tent seemed tiny, but once inside, we were proved oh-so wrong. The inside was magically expanded into several rooms and an entire kitchen and living room area.

"I love magic," Harry whispered.

After unpacking and eating a quick snack, we made our way to the stands. I couldn't tell you how many stairs we had to climb, but my legs felt like they were ready to give out underneath me if we had to go any farther.

"Blimey, Dad," Ron gasped for air, "How far off are we?"

"Put it this way," Lucius Malfoy's recognizable voice called up at our group. "If it rains, you'll be the first to know."

I looked down to see Lucius, dressed expensively as always, and Draco appeared by his side. Seeing Draco made my heart do a weird palpitating thing, and I suddenly became hyper-aware of what I was wearing and how my hair looked. He was wearing a nice all-black outfit, and his platinum hair was slightly mussed from the blowing wind.

He locked eyes on me for a minute, and his lips twitched in a small smile, but that quickly faded as his infamous sneer took over, "Father and I are in the Minister's box by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself."

I rolled my eyes. Same pompous Draco as last year, I see....

"Don't boast, Draco," Lucius bit and thrust his cane into Draco's stomach.

A surge of anger made me want to rush down the stairs, rip the cane from Lucius Malfoy, and snap it in half. I despised how he used his cane as a weapon, even against his own son. I suddenly realized that one of my hands was clenching the railing nearby, but the other hand had reached for my wand and was grasping it so tightly my fingers were going numb.