Chapter 38: Whispers

Rydel POV

Today is the day we (I) go pick up Ellington at the airport. He's coming home today from Wisconsin. We planned on this before he left so we still have not spoken while he is still gone.

Every time I think about this I feel like I can throw up. Which, I have done a few times. Nobody knew this though because it was mostly at night whenever I'd do that.

I get out of bed and brush my teeth with my music on playing from my phone. Suddenly my phone beeps with a text message. I check it.

From: Sid🐌

CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU RYDEL! Missed you. BRING ME FOOD!

I drop my phone suddenly feeling so dizzy. Ross walks in then backs away. "Are you okay?" He asks and I nod. "Well family meeting happening we need you. Plus..." He trails off suddenly looking disappointed. "Laura and I broke up." With this he planted himself on my bed. I sigh and go and hug him.

"It'll be okay! You'll never be alone forever." I whisper and he smiles automatically feeling better because of me. Suddenly we heard Riker yelling for both of us. We both run down and sit in a circle.

"Isn't today when Ellington gets home?" Rocky asks me and I nod. He looks at Riker and they both smile with a idea. "We need our drummer back! So we will us our secret weapon." Riker finishes and I suddenly feel a mixture of excitement and sadness at the same time.

THEY FINALLY ADMITTED THAT I WAS THEIR SECRET WEAPON OH MY STARS!

Bad news was: I was the one who has to convince Ellington to even talk to my brothers.

~

Everybody sits in the car while I drive. (By everyone I mean Rocky, Riker, and Ross) They all are in the back seat with binoculars and Walkie Talkies. Which I have no idea why they have these. We arrive at the airport and suddenly the boys start talking all at once to me. I couldn't understand anything so I just got out and walked in to wait for Ellington.

I'm nervous. I'm scared. I feel like throwing up but I won't. Suddenly, Ellington appears with his suitcase and a girl who looked like a twenty year old.

"Where is my food you know I hate airport food! This is my cousin Elizabeth. She's staying for a week." Ellington says with his goofy smile. I so wanna slap his face for some reason.

Riker POV

Rocky and I watch Ellington and Rydel talk it up. He's smiling so this is good news! He may be saying yes to being our drummer again! Rydel is a miracle worker.

They all walk out and open the trunk then Ellington's eyes look like they are going to pop out when he sees Ross, Rocky, and I. I take it that Rydel has not talked or even mentioned we were with her. Meanwhile, Elizabeth, I met her once at Ellington's 20th birthday which was a year ago, sat in the second row of backseat chairs. Rydel shut the trunk and they stood there talking which Rydel looked mad.

A moment later, Ellington sits in the passenger side while Rydel gets back in her seat. The whole ride back was silent.

~

When we arrived, Elizabeth went to Ellington's while the rest of us all sat in the living room. Rydel sat by me on the couch while Ellington sat in the bean bag chair. Rocky and Ross were on the other couch.

"So... Why am I here?" He asks Rydel. Her face turns red. "I'm guessing that we are talking about the band and you guys want me back." Suddenly, everybody else smiles at this including me. Ellington stands up. "Well.... I don't want to be apart of the band."

Suddenly, Rydel's face changes and she stands up and pushes Ellington against the wall and started whispering intensively in his ear making his eyes widen. This lasted awhile, Rocky and Ross stared at me wondering if I knew so I shrugged.

When Rydel stopped, he mouthed "really?" to her and she nodded. Wow this is interesting I have to ask about this later to Delly. Rydel sits back down by me.

"Well... I guess I'm back in the band." Ellington says smiling a little looking at Rydel the whole time while we all scream in excitement while Rocky jumps on Ellington hugging him excitedly repeating "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU" really fast.

Rydel just plays with her fingers the whole time worriedly which makes me worried.

What did she say?
___________

5 COMMENTS AND TEN VOTES!

Love

Zayne