Still Into You (iwaoi)

AN: heads up, it's kinda ooc, but oh well. It's a bit of angst and fluff at the end. Sorry if it sucks lmao. I'll proof read it later (will I? Probably not...) okay enjoy!!

~•~

Tooru Oikawa was known as self loving, confident, and to some even selfish. But a few people knew that wasn't the case.

In fact, Tooru Oikawa was very insecure of himself and was very selfless. However, not many people got to see this side of him.

He chose to put on an act around most people so they didn't think little of him. Hell, sometimes he was a straight up bitch to people just so they didn't detect his insecurities.

But the person that could see through this act of his the most was Hajime Iwaizumi. His childhood best friend. The boy who he loved. The boy who loved him. His boyfriend.

People criticized Iwaizumi for being friends with Oikawa. Whether it be the envious girls who wanted to be near Oikawa themselves, or the people who despised Oikawa and thought he was an asshat.

But Iwaizumi didn't care. He loved Oikawa, far beyond anyway words could describe. He loved the way Oikawa was when it was just the two of them. He loved his boyfriends weird obsessions- like his obsession to be the best volleyball player and his silly obsessions like his one of aliens. Iwaizumi loved Oikawa's appearance, his soft chocolate brown hair that fringed over his eyes- those eyes that Iwaizumi got lost in any time he looked in them. How Oikawa was exactly two inches taller than him, but still acted way tinier than him.

He loved everything about the boy- he was kind, smart, funny, adorable... but Oikawa refused to believe him. Of course he loved his Iwa Chan, but he found it practically impossible to believe the boy loved him back, no matter how many times he was told so.

Many nights would end up with Oikawa staring into his mirror, glaring at himself through tears, telling himself he's not good enough, that Iwaizumi doesn't love him, that it's all just a joke, and Iwaizumi would get this gut feeling and call Oikawa. No one ever told Iwaizumi Oikawa was crying, but he could always just feel it.

Oikawa would always pick up. They'd start with small talk, but the Iwaizumi would hear a sob on the other line, and he would talk to his boyfriend in a calming voice, when it was really bad, he would come over. When he was over he would either snuggle with Oikawa, watch a movie or do something to distract him, or take him out.

Tonight was one of the nights he went with the latter option. Although this time, he wasn't alone. Iwaizumi had already made plans to go out with Matsukawa and Hanamaki, but right before he was about to go, he got the feeling.

Iwaizumi wasn't sure what to do. He knew he had to call his boyfriend, but he also didn't want to bail on his friends last minute. So he simply thought the best solution was to bring Oikawa out with him.

Satisfied with his solution, he called the setter. "Oikawa?"

"How do you always know?" Oikawa said, skipping over their usual small talk.

Iwaizumi didn't even know the answer. "I-I don't know, I just get a feeling."

He could hear Oikawa sniffle over the phone. "Can you... never mind, you're probably busy."

"What is it kawa?"

Oikawa pouted at himself in the mirror. Pathetic. You're so needy. Why can't you leave him alone? He has a life, you need to get one too.

Oikawa shook his head and tried to ignore the voice in his head. "C-can you come over... please?"

Iwaizumi took a deep breath, relaying out his options. He decided to just be honest, and hope for the best. "Well actually, Hanamaki and Matsukawa invited me to go out with them.. Um, would you like to come. I'm sure they'd love to have you."