ᥴꫝꪖρ𝕥ꫀ𝕣 𝕥᭙ꪮ

After a few days of the same basic routine of grumpy breakfast, chatting with Neville, drawing with Fred, and tiring classes; I found myself sitting in the dim library alone on a Friday night, attempting to study for Charms. I stared at the page as though life depended on it.

Salvio Hexia: seems to strengthen other protective spells, or to deflect any hexes cast toward a specific location
Scourgify: used to clean dirt or other material(s) off of a surface
Sectumsempra: causes....

A cheerful, masculine, voice interrupted my thoughts suddenly, causing me to jump. With a sharp turn of my head I saw the tall ginger haired boy who had now become part of my daily life. He towered over me with a red tee shirt and jeans. His hair was messy as though he had just woken up in the morning. A grin that reached from ear to ear sat on his freckled face.
"Hey plant-pal!" Fred said whilst jumping into the seat next to me, placing his long legs atop the wooden table. I sighed.
"You need to get to your dorm. Your curfew is sooner than mine." I said, returning my gaze to my book. He snatched it out of my hand and held it up for inspection before gently tossing it across the length of the table. A week of talking and he already knew exactly how to push my buttons.
"You going to bust me, short-stuff?" The tall boy cooed. I huffed with annoyance.
     "I'm not short. You are abnormally tall. And yes I will report you if you break the curfew."
     "What if I'm with you? Is it against the rules to be tutored late by a prefect?" I raised my eyebrow at him. That cocky boy. Of course he knew it was fine to be out at this hour if receiving approved academic assistance.
     "I'm your excuse, hmm?"
     "You're my reason." He blushed before stretching out to reach for my charms book a little ways away. That's when I noticed the tattoo. Peeking out from under his red tee shirt was the bottom of some sort of large black marking. I couldn't make out what it was from the few lines I was able to see.
     "You have a tattoo?" I asked when he returned to his previous position. He smirked cockily.
     "Staring at my body, huh? Like what you see?" Teased Fred, causing my cheeks to grow hot with embarrassment. I stumbled for the right words to say, suddenly aware of his analyzing gaze.
     "No! I just saw the bottom when you leaned over. Don't try to pin me as one of your groupies, Weasley." I somewhat snapped. He chucked with amusement.
"Pity. You're not half bad looking."
     "What is it" I chose to ignore his flattery, glancing over toward the back of his chair momentarily.
     "I'll show you some other time. I promise."
"And why, may I ask, are you out so late?"
"Like I said. A pretty prefect is going to be tutoring me. You're good at transfiguration, right?" I rolled my eyes.
"Yeah fine. What do you need help with exactly?"
"Uhhh....." He trailed off, messing with his finger hair.
"You need help with everything don't you?" He nodded at my question and I set my face in my hands with anguish. Why couldn't he just pay attention in class? He wasn't stupid. If he just listened once in while he could get perfect marks.
      "I can't stay here all night with you I have a curfew too you know."
     "Can you help me get enough to pass a quiz Monday?" He shoved out his bottle lip and attempted to give me puppy dog eyes. I couldn't help but giggle at his silly expression. He reminded me of a young child begging it's mum for sweets.
     "Go find some paper and a quill." My voice few firm. Fred quickly rose from his seat and looked down at me with a thankful smile before rushing off to find materials. I reached into my light brown tote-bag that resided near my feet and pulled out my transfiguration textbook. Once he returned to my side I turned to our current chapter.
     "Okay so just write down the basics you don't need every single detail memorized. That will stress you out too much. Pay attention, please." I said sternly. He nodded. I placed the book between us and scooted my chair closer to him until our thighs were gently pressed against one another. I bit my lip to keep from smiling to myself. It was nice being around him even though he was a pain. I didn't really know why but he was almost comforting.
     "Okay so Book to Mouse."