six

THIRD PERSON POV

"thanks for the ride kenz, i swear i'll try to pay you back as soon as i can" the girl smiled, rushing out of her roommate's car and into her mother's house.

"hey honey, natalia's in the kitchen making some popcorn for movie night" her mother smiled, letting her inside the house.

natalia and y/n would always have a movie night whenever they could. it's been like that ever since natalia started coming over often when they were little.

"hey nat, what're we watching tonight?"

"i was thinking maybe we could watch all the harry potter movies, all in one night" she replied, shoving a handful of popcorn in her mouth.

"nat, i have work tomorrow!"

"don't act like you've never pulled an all-nighter before y/n, live a little"

"fine" y/n scoffed, taking the huge bowl of popcorn in her hands.

"okay, i'm out, see you girls!" her mom yelled, as she wanted to take herself out to go shopping.

"holy shit" y/n paused.

"natty, give me like, 20 minutes, i uh, left something at the bar"

"wha-"

"i'll be back in no time!"

the girl rushed out of the door, and ran to the bar.

finn.

~

as the boy walked into the bar, the same horrible scent stung his nose.

he went over to take a seat, and ordered a beer, waiting for y/n.

he needed someone to talk to without feeling like they'd be annoyed by his endless rants.

he wanted a friend.

ah, right in time.

"hey finn, i completely forgot it was my day off, i'm so sorry." the girl sighed, out of breath as she took a seat beside him.

she looked less miserable this time.

"no, yeah that's fine, do you wanna hang out, though?" he asked, laying the beer on top of the counter as he had already finished it.

"um, okay, give me one second" she smiled as she rung natalia's number.

"natalia! hey, yeah, um, i don't think i'll be able to get back there, but maybe we could continue it on my next day off, you'll be here for another 2 weeks anyway, right?"

"oh, yeah, okay, see you y/n, have fun with the boy"

"what? how do you kn-"

"i'm practically your older sister, of course i know" natalia laughed on the other side of the line.

"okay, see you!"

finn furrowed his eyebrows.

"hey, you know you didn't have to cancel your plans for me, right?" he said, not showing how happy he was because someone actually cared to make time for him.

"it's okay, let's go" she smiled, dragging him out of the bar.

"hey, that coffee shop across the street seems nice, wanna go?" he asked, pointing towards the coffee shop.

not just any coffee shop.

the coffee shop.

the coffee shop where y/n met jaeden.

she looked down, sighing.

"oh, i mean, we could go to my car, if you want-" he said, responding to how the girl reacted.

"yeah! the car seems great!" she said almost instantly.

*__+__*

~

huh, what's up with her and a coffee shop? finn thought to himself.

whatever.

he noticed how unhappy she looked, shifting in his car seat.

"hey, you okay?"

"yeah, sorry, just thinking"

"about?" he asked, trying to get her to open up.

there was something different about her, he couldn't quite point it out, but he knew he wanted to be friends with her.

maybe it was because he could tell she was going through something, too.

maybe he knew that something in her was fucked up, too.

maybe he knew that if they were to open up to each other, they could mend what was once broken about themselves.

and maybe, just maybe,

they could work it out, and heal each other,

together.

"you know, i never felt like i had someone to talk to" he paused.

"i always felt like if i opened up to anyone, they either wouldn't care, or i'd just be a big burden to them" he continued, as he watched the cars speeding along in front of where he was parked, and the people walking on the sidewalk.

she nodded. "yeah, me too"

his ears perked up.

"you get that, right? it's like having trust issues, but it's not the type where you feel like you can't trust anyone, it's the type where you're scared that the people you trust wouldn't care, or would find you annoying. it's like you want to trust, but you don't know who to trust"

she nodded, looking into the boy's eyes.

"hey finn?"

"yeah?"

"why are you telling me all this?" she asked.

he smiled.

"because i feel like i can trust you."

A/N

don't worry,

they won't fall in love just yet,

i don't want this to feel rushed and fast paced