XVII. IT'S ALL OVER

If you had asked Josephine what she and her group had been up to that day, she would not be able to answer you. All she had to do was try and keep the students safe. Easier said than done when the entire city was under attack by a madman and his drones. Her first instinct was to gather the group of teenagers and get out as fast as they could, but doing so would mean they would be leaving Peter behind to deal with the mess. Neither Josephine, nor Ned and MJ could do that. Even if there was nothing they could do to help him.

It wasn't until a strange man, claiming to be working with Spiderman showed up to lead them to safety. Josephine was hesitant at first, who wouldn't be? But she had no choice to tag along when the students went along with him without thinking twice. After all, staying behind where they could easily be attacked by a hundred drones was not an ideal situation.

Ned was the first one to speak up after MJ had taken out the lone drone that went after them. "Shit," he had muttered, before plopping down on the ground between all the rubble. "Sorry."

"It's quiet," MJ said after a little while. They had been hiding out for what felt like hours before going back outside. "I think it's over."

No one said anything after that. The strange man, who had introduced himself as Happy earlier, had excused himself as soon as they discovered it was once again safe. The group of students stayed close to Josephine, afraid that if they wandered off something would go wrong again. She didn't blame them, she was just as terrified as they were.

It felt like hours before their group reunited with all of the other students and teachers. MJ had quietly told her she and Ned would be going to look for Peter, and that she'd make sure to text as soon as they had found him. Josephine was relieved to see everyone was alright. Despite that, she couldn't shake the feeling that it wasn't completely over yet, as if Quentin still had another plan, another trick up his sleeve.

MJ's first text arrived soon, telling Josephine that they had found Peter and that he was alright. She said they would return to the group as soon as they could. It wasn't until the second text that Josephine was finally able to shake the thought that something bad would still happen.

Quentin's dead.

It was a relief, for sure, knowing they wouldn't be attacked again. At least not by him, who knows what will happen when they return to the United States? But Josephine couldn't help but feel a little, well, sad. Even if they had only known each other for a little while, she did feel like she could get along with him. She had actually started to trust him a little bit, thinking it would be great to have an actual adult superhero, instead of a teenager who felt responsible for keeping the world safe. Until he betrayed her and everyone else, of course.

"You know what I don't understand?" One of the students, Josephine couldn't tell who exactly, suddenly piped up while they all walked back to the hotel in silence. "Every city that we went to on this trip got attacked. And every time, Spiderman was right there."

Roger laughed at that. "Happened at the Washington Monument, too. Maybe he's following us," he said, earning a few chuckles from the rest of the group, all clueless to the fact that Spiderman was right there with them. "One thing is for sure, though," he added. "We are getting the heck out of Europe, immediately."

-

Alright then! I would like to start with apologizing for my lack of updates. This year has been crazy with the whole COVID thing and me going back to college after dropping out.

Since this book is coming to an end soon, I have started a new one! This time it's about Peter Parker and it's called 'Daily Bugle.' If you're interested, you can find it on my profile.