3. The Good Friend

Today is the last day of the Annual Day Competition, 2025-26 held in, M. S. Academy. A girl with long brown hair tied up in a ponytail, wearing a pink frock and white shoes. She was preparing for her solo performance in the back on the stage while recalling the incidents of the past few months. Her name was Isha. She was a quiet and shy girl for which she was bullied by her friends, often. It was the first time she was going to perform then, there was an inter school talent competition held in their school. She was to perform a solo song when she forgot a few lines in the middle of the performance. Her classmates along with some students from the other school teased and catcalled her in front of everyone. Some laughed, some tried to hide their smiles but none came to her rescue.

After recalling those moments, she lost her confidence again. She was about to cut her name from the school competition when someone held her hand from behind. It was the captain of the school, who was studying in class 12.

"What are you doing?" She asked.
"I don't want to participate," Isha said back.
"Why? Any problem?" She asked again.
"N-n-no nothing!"
"Then?" She raised her eyebrows.
"I am not a good singer! I don't know how to sing!" She said when her voice broke.
"I know the reason. No need to tell." She consoled her.
"You know?" She questioned.
"Yes, but do you think it will help?" She asked.
"I-"
"See, my friend. I know those students who try to bully you, frequently. But why couldn't you show them your potential through your voice?" She paused in the middle and resumed it again, "Your voice is soft and melodious! For me, your voice is your strength. Through your strength, you can defeat the evils!" She smiled.
"Is it?" Isha questioned.
"Yes! Now go and try to give your best, Good luck!" She winked and went away.
"Thank you, sister!" She smiled back.

Coming to the present, her name was being called. She gathered up her courage and sang her song, confidently. Everyone gave her loud applause for a great performance. She thanked the captain for her words guided her like a ray of hope in the night of distraught.

-The End-

(Do Vote & Comment)