3||d r e a m

Saturday, December 12th

"can I--" he coughed. "can I touch your ears?" he asked quietly.

Schlatt rolled over. his eyes immediately darted to the calendar, decorated with big, red x's leading up to the 12th of December, which was Saturday. Wilbur was picking him up sometime today.

the ram sighed, his stomach twisting in anticipation. the events from yesterday were hardly interesting enough to remember, except for the end.

"please ride the bus with me! it'll be so much fun!" he pleaded.

"is there a stop by my house?" the brit asked. "wait, I can just walk from your house," he recalled from the day they had detention together. "so come on!" he shouted, grabbing Wils arm and dragging him to his bus. "calm down, Schlatt, that hurts-!"

He got a message from discord, seeing it was Wilbur. it nearly shook him to his core. 

WilburSoot: 
hey we might be a bit late, my mum went to Walmart to get wine or something idk
be there in 10 i think

he grinned, waiting for about half a minute to respond.

big man:
see you soon wilbur

the ram snatched items of clothing he'd definitely worn that week, put them on, and went to the bathroom. "oh god," he ruffled his hair. "I look like I have fleas.." he muttered softly, ear flicking. 

Schlatt took a bit of time to put on deodorant and brush his teeth, as he did every day. he stared at his reflection, attempting to calm his nerves. why was he so nervous? it was only Wilbur.

whatever. he took one last look at himself; he had on a very nice outfit in his opinion. a t-shirt that said 'lock him up!' in bold letters with a picture of the 45th president next to the words, mister president Trump.  he had no idea how long Wilbur had been in the usa, or if he would understand the reference. 

the brunette went downstairs, putting on his shoes. he sported torn up vans, weathered and old. "dad, Wilburs coming to get me, we're going to-"

"yeah, I know. be back before Monday." he responded. Schlatt gave him a weak look, sighing. it kind of sucked that he got shitty responses from his dad, but at least he wasn't mad like he usually was.

Schlatt waited inside, watching for the vehicle to pull up in front of his house.

it didn't take long for Wilbur and his mother to get there, the ram rushing outside and into the back seat of their car. "Schlatt!" Wilbur shouted with a wide grin. the ram could only smile at his enthusiasm. he missed seeing Wilburs face so happy. 

-

Schlatt and Wilbur were sitting in the way back of the car. his mom was inside, getting things without them. the teens had spent about 45 minutes in the store, decided they were bored, and went back to the car.

the ram was sitting up against the wall of the car. Wilbur had his head on Schlatts lap, legs propped up on the black glass of the vehicle. both of them were doing their own thing on their phones. Schlatt was talking to a group of friends he had, Travis and Ted being the only ones active.

Wilbur sighed, looking up at the ram. "hey Schlatt?" he whispered, sitting up and leaning back on his palm. the younger felt his face heat up a bit, seeing as the brit had broken the previous silence. "yeah, Wilbur?"

"can I--" he coughed. "can I touch your ears?" he asked quietly. Schlatts cheeks turned red, eyebrows raising. "uh," his throat felt dry and scratchy. "sure," he whispered back. 

Wil hesitantly reached his hand up, stroking the back of Schlatts ear. the rams face turned even redder, Wilbur continued to run his hand down the others' ear, watching his face soften. he's never had anyone feel his ears before.

the brit pulled his hand away when his ear twitched "sorry," he apologised quickly. "no! no, it's fine." they sat in silence for a bit before Schlatt spoke. "you.. you can keep going. if you want," he whispered, watching Wilbur bring his hand back up, petting his soft ear again.

Schlatts head tilted down, eyes nearly slipping shut. he let out a weak sigh as Wil ran his thumb on the inside of the end of his ear. "they're so soft," he muttered quietly. 

Wilbur slowly took his hand away, putting his head back on Schlatt's lap. "thanks," the brit said. Schlatt, now calmer than he was before, shut his eyes to sleep in his relaxed state. 

the ram was awoken by Wilbur whispering to him. "Schlatt," he hummed. the American opened his eyes halfway, blinking blankly a few times. Wilbur was less than a foot away from Schlatts face. "yeah?" 

with no response, he repeated. "yeah, Wil?" 

silence.

Schlatt huffed, about to ask for his response once again, cut off when Wilbur pressed their lips together. he heard the others' voice repeating in his head. the ram's eyes widened, heart fluttering inside his chest. 

the brit pulled back.

and that's when he woke up to Wilbur gently shaking him, repeating his name still. "hey, my mum's back, we need to sit up in the front."

Schlatt gave a small nod, climbing over the back seat and sitting down, as did Wilbur. 

the American has had many dreams similar to the one he just did, but not about Wilbur. never about Wilbur. how the fuck was he supposed to deal with this? thoughts flooded his mind, mostly questioning himself and what it meant.

there's no we caught feelings for this boy. he pulled out his phone, seeing more people were active on the discord server he made with his friends.

big man:
they call me gayschlatt because i just had a dream about kissing a man

traves:
:O oh my goshhh

scooper
gay ass

Charlie:
I'm so proud of you for having a gay dream for the first time, son

noah:
lol gay

big man:
i dont know what to do

teddy:
Struggle with your sexuality, its simple

Schlatt let out a small, frustrated sigh. how was he supposed to keep his composure with this now?

1037 words