Chapter 3 ~ Silent Night ~

"Sorry we're late Aunt Tina, we had to stop and give Danny his Peanut Butter." I sighed, placing the jar on the island. Danny had a childish smile on his face.

"Oh it's fine. I know how this boy practically needs his peanut butter to survive." She said, waving her hand away. I smiled at her politely and glanced at Danny, glaring at him.

He just smiled at me. "Hey Tina! May I have some relationship advice?" Danny saw me and grabbed my arm, pulling me in for a side hug. "I mean... give US some relationship advice?" He asked her politely.

Tina smiled and motioned for us to sit down on my couch. Danny quickly sat down, dragging me with him.

My Aunt cleared her throat before speaking. "Here's something I think the both of you should learn. Sometimes you have to stop looking for the thing you want most in order to find them. So Danny, stop looking for the guy you want. He'll pop up one day. I promise." She spoke out in a calming tone. Her eyes even showing kindness. Danny had a hopeful gleam in his eyes.

"Oh? So does that mean I have to start looking for my soulmate so I don't have to find him?" I asked Tina. My aunt just looked at me, trying to study me. She gave me a look filled with sadness.

"I think I'm going to head to bed. I'll see you two on the morning. I love you guys." She gave the two of us a kiss on the cheek and a hug each. I whispered an 'I love you' to her which she returned before heading to her room.

Danny and I followed her with our gazes until she closed her door. I sighed and looked at Danny. The boy stood there with a huge grin on his face.

"Ima head to bed Kays. We have a full day of not looking tomorrow." The boy replied. He seemed in a dazed trance as he walked into his own bedroom. I looked down when I was alone in the room.

I looked out the giant window showcasing my backyard. Snow was falling down from the cloudy sky gracefully. I slowly made my way into the green room, filled with plants. Some being tea plants, some being  flowers, some being trees.

My dog Chester was following me, his eyes filled with excitement. Probably thinking we were going to play ball for a little while. But in reality, I just needed to think for a moment.

I honestly felt bad for being like that to my aunt. I shouldn't have been. It wasn't right. My entire mood lately hasn't been right. I sighed and looked up to the sky.

"I used to talk to you every night before I went to bed, God. And every night I wished for the exact same thing, although I'm sure you remember. And... I definitely got what I wished for... but it came all at once and I.." I paused in my place, unsure of what to say next. "I just don't want to go through that again. I guess that's what I need to give up on in order to move forward. Like Tina said, you have to give up on something to find it again. I think I'm ready to stop looking for-"

And than I heard a voice.