Chapter 3

"I'm not ready for you to go home," he pushed his lips to my hand which was intertwined with his own.

I turned my attention away from the door closing on my side of the vehicle and to his sweet gesture, "You don't have to bring me back yet." It had to be a little past midnight by now. The city was just beginning to really light up, especially on a Saturday.

"Come back to the hotel with me," his suggestion wasn't what I expected but I actually wasn't complaining about it in that moment.

I nodded, "We can do that."

Speeding through my beloved city with this boy sitting beside me felt like a dream. I wasn't at all ready for this to end. From how our dinner went, I had hopes that this wasn't the last I was going to be seeing Trenay. We were definitely having a great start so far.

His actions were showing me that I had indeed sparked his interest and it seemed like I was keeping that up. Nobody had ever sat and just listened about me in a while. Well at least not my significant other. I couldn't remember the last time Caleb asked me about the boutique. You would think he'd be proud that his girl ran a successful business, but I was convinced he could not care any less.

It had been a few hours and Trenay had probably gained more insight on my store than Caleb ever cared to ask about. Trenay was quickly persuading me to turn my boyfriend into an ex and he wasn't even aware. I felt that I should tell him. The only thing that was stopping me was the fact that we had already slept together. A date is one thing, but I had originally been a cheater and that's how we were here now,"B I gotta tell you something."

His thumb rubbed over my hand that he still had a secure grip on, "What is it love? Go head and tell me."

"I have a dude. I know I probably been should have said that," I looked at him to monitor his facial expression. I had potentially just ruined the best date I'd ever had behind my wack ass boyfriend. Wack or not, I still wanted to be truthful with the man beside me. If this happened to go somewhere past tonight I was more comfortable with it continuing on with honesty. That's what I wanted out of him.

"Damn," was all he said for awhile. My brain told me he was figuring out how to tell me he didn't look at me the same now. I was ready to hear him tell me it was about time he dropped me back to my home. Slowly, I began to move my hand from his, but he quickly tightened his grip. "That's you telling me you don't want to fuck with me like that?" his face held confusion and disappointment.

I couldn't help the nervous laugh I released, "No. I was preparing myself to hear you to tell me you didn't want to mess with me anymore." His head shook and he kissed my hand once again.

"Nah, I'm cool with showing you I can take his spot and do way better," my smile was on full display by the end of his sentence. This nigga just got better and better.

Being back in his hotel made a lot of those thoughts from the night before flutter back into my mind. I immediately pulled out my leftovers to distract myself from the sex scene playing in my head. We'd smoked two blunts before making it to this side of town so my munchies were full force and my leftover pasta tasted almost better than it did at the restaurant.

Trenay walked from the bathroom shirtless, brushing his teeth, "Come get in this shower with me." There wasn't a moment given for me to refuse the offer because just as he said it, he moved right back into the bathroom. For a moment I sat thinking over the proposal, but the thought process didn't last long because I was following behind him a few moments later.

The shower was huge and I'd been eyeing it since that morning. Trenay stood in front of me in just a pair of boxers, "Here the hair thing go." He pulled all my hair together before plopping the shower cap onto me. I thanked him and began to strip out of my outfit. The hot water felt great beating down my skin from every direction but my focus was glued to the tatted skin of the person who helped me occupy this relaxing space. My view was not contributing to the relaxing vibe. It was doing the opposite.