Chapter 1

Jack's POV

It has been 10 years since we defeated Pitch. But now I wish we hadn't. The Guardians told me I jus get in their way and mess everything up. The kids can't see me anymore. I felt invisible again. So I left North's Palace, heading to Burgess to see Jamie. But deep down I knew it was hopeless. He had forgotten me. They all have. Sighing, I flew to the lake where I died and laid down on the branch of a tree. I needed to be alone and slowly drifted off to sleep. And that's when my nightmare began.

Pitch's POV

It's been 10 years since those pathetic guardians defeated me. I was so close! All I needed was Jack.  One of my Nightmares, Obsidian, came and told me hat Jack was alone at the lake. "Finally! Take me to him Obsidian." She whinnied and we headed to the lake. Jack was having a nightmare. I could sense it. I told Obsidian to head back to the lair while I deal with Jack. Poor Jack was still afraid of being alone. After all these years? "Oh Jack. Soon you won't be alone anymore." I whispered and kissed him just as he woke up.

Jack's POV

It was dark and it was cold.....And I was scared. Suddenly I heard voices. "Jack what have you done?" Tooth said. "What are you talking about, Tooth?" I asked, confused and scared. "I knew we couldn't trust you mate." Bunny spat. "Bunny is right, Jack. Ve can't trust you. You are not Guardian. You are careless. Alvays put children in danger. Ve can not risk that." North told me. "What are you guys talking about?! I didn't do anything!!" I shouted. "Jack, we saw you with Pitch." Tooth said coldly. "I don't know what you're talking about!" I shouted angrily. "You can't be trusted! You are no longer Guardian!" North said. They all began to leave. "Wait guys! Come back! Please don't leave me alone again!" I shouted. Then I woke up.

I woke up in fear but I felt someone kiss me. Before I knew what was going on I kissed back, leaning into it. Then I saw who it was. "Hello Jack." Pitch said. "Pitch! How are you here?" I asked with false confidence to mask my fear. "You can't kill fear Jack." he said. "And I smell yours." I growled. "I'm not afraid of you!" I shouted. "No but you are afraid of something."