Chapter 2

Pitch's POV

I looked at Jack with a smirk on my face. "I don't want to have to hurt you Jack." I said, knowing he wouldn't believe me. "Liar! You want to spread fear and hurt the children!" he accused me. I disappeared into the shadows and watched as he looked around. While he was busy looking for me I took that opportunity to grab his staff. I reappeared in front of him holding his staff. "I don't want to have to force you into this Jack so I'll say this once more. Join me and together we can do extraordinary things." I said holding his staff, ready to break it. "I will never join you, Pitch." he said. I sighed. "Oh dear. Well then I guess you leave me no choice." I raised his staff up and broke it.

Jack's POV

Pain. That was all I felt when he broke my staff. I fell to the ground, weakened as I looked up at Pitch. "W-Why....would you..d-do this...?" I asked weakly. "I know your staff isn't just the source of your powers. It's connected to your center. So I wonder what would happen if I did this." he said.

Pitch's POV

"W-Why....would you..d-do this...?" Jack asked weakly. "I know your staff isn't just the source of your powers. It's connected to your center. So I wonder what would happen if I did this." I said. I took the two pieces of the staff and slammed them together, mending them with my black sand. Jack screamed in pain and passed out. I chuckled and grabbed his staff before leaving.