First Meeting

Luffy

The whole island had been under some bastard's control for far to long now. You didn't know what happened. One day when you woke up, life just wasn't the same anymore, that is, until now. You were watching as this crew of strangers defended your home. There was no explanation that anyone could find. They just appeared, like angels, saviors from the sea. They had so much motivation. The drive they had to save these people they had never met before was incredible to you.

You stood in awe as you watched them, but only one really caught your eye. His body acted like it was made of rubber, and he had a face made to smile.. but he wasn't smiling now. Without even thinking, you cupped your hands over your mouth, blowing small purple bubble into them, then held it out towards the rubber boy who seemed to be struggling to stay up. With a gentle blow, the bubble moved towards him. The second it touched his skin, his tired eyes were filled with drive. He rushed right back in to his fight with a shout of determination. You smiled without a word and took off the other direction to help anyone who had happened to be caught up in the fight. Not a single word was spoken, but people needed help. This crew of ragtag idiots could probably handle everything else, right?

Sanji

When you first got to this little island, You really weren't expecting to make any new friends. Despite that, you ended up being dragged around by two of the strangest women you had ever met, one shop to another. It was actually fun.. until the marines showed up. Turns out these two new women were Nami and Robin, members of the straw-hat crew. Just great, perfect. Just what you needed. Marines, right after a bounty raise... Oh well. Before you knew it, the straw-hats you had met were rushing back to a ship that kinda looked like a... cartoon lion... sunflower thing, and dragging you along with them once again. Whatever, at least the marines were falling behind.. as well as your small boat and a few other things you had gathered since you set out to sea..

"Hey! Usopp! Is everyone onboard?" The ginger girl, Nami, yelled out towards what could only have been the sniper king without his mask. Huh, always wondered what he looked like..

"Uh, yeah, Franky just got back from tracking down Zoro... Why? And.. Whos that?"

"Marines! Introductions can wait, let's go!"

"Wait, hold on-!"

You tried to get a word in, but that didn't seem to be possible anymore. The moment Nami mentioned the marines, it seemed like the whole boat exploded into activity. A man with big shoulders at the helm, cyborg Franky maybe... A green-haired swordsman pulling the anchor out of the sea... by hand, uh... that must be pirate hunter Zoro, and finally an attractive man with blond hair over one eye. You didn't recall seeing a wanted poster with his face on it; you would probably remember if you had.

All you could do at this point was stand awkwardly and wait. There was no going back now, and you had to admit, these straw-hat guys were fairly entertaining.

It didn't take long to shake the marines, considering how tricked out this ship was. Now you were sitting on the railing of the ship, the crew talking and playing around naturally. Seems like in all the chaos they forgot you were even there. It feels a bit strange, but good. 

You got up and started moving along the side of the ship. You were hoping to bump in to Nami, Robin, or the long nosed guy before someone really dangerous or violent showed up in your path, but it wasn't meant to be... You had spotted the girls and were so close when the blond man you had seen before came out of what you assumed to be the galley. Your eyes locked on his. Great, yet another awkward silence. You stared at each other a moment, Neither one moving an inch.