ZERO -·., Well, This Is Mystic Falls.

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗
Chapter Zero
TVD - TDW
Well, This Is Mystic Falls.
╚═══*.·:·.✧ ⸸️ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

The light cold air nibbled at her skin as she sat on a chopped up tree watching the fire in first of her dance and unwantingly forced to listen to her peer's giggle and chatter. Rue didn't want to be here, but Elena had begged, and the parents had forced her to go. Saying she needed to be around people more her age, she needed to have fun more.

So, she went.

Her dark chocolate eyes set on her sister that was a few feet away from her; they stared at Elena who laughed as Matt tell his stupid jokes.

Why did she beg me to be here if she was going to be with Matt all night?

The girl sighed and finish her drink and allowed the glass bottle to fall from her hand to the ground. She got up from the branch, making her way far apart from the small crowd of teens.

Damon Salvatore laid in the middle of the foggy road waiting for his next victim to drive through. His bored eyes stared up at the sky, watching the stars glinting upon the night atmosphere. His mind was filled with thoughts of Katherine, thoughts of how to get her out of the tomb.

Twenty years ago he had met a witch by the name of Bree, she told him he only needs three things: The Comet. The Spell. The Crystal. Damon did not have the crystal — yet, but he was dead set on getting his hands on it. Whatever it takes, he will get Katherine out.

Damon's blinked eyes turn to narrow curved brows upon hearing footsteps. His eyes stayed on the stars as he heard a sigh leave someone's lips lightly and a flick of a lighter.

He turned his head; his ear teaching the cold concrete ground lightly. His eyes laid on a girl standing a few feet away, smoke leaving her mouth.

Rue needed some fresh air. Yes, she knows she was already outside with lots of fresh air, but she needed fresh air away from her peers. Away from Elena.

She needed a smoke.

She couldn't smoke at the party. Elena would've seen and freaked.

She had caught Rue smoking weed once before and that conversation was full of lectures and threats of telling their parents if she caught her again. So Rue made sure Elena did not catch her again.

She exhales smoke from her lips and feels a sudden rush of cold breeze hit her.

“You shouldn't be out here all by yourself this late at night.” The voice was deep, light but dangerous. Rue turned her head meeting Damon's eyes then turn her entire body.