Shocked Outrage

Haldir was...quite simply put, rather appalled. He had not expected the young person to act in such a manner to the Lady. Rather, he was shocked that the man, wizard, whatever he was, had the gall to act in such a manner to such an esteemed person. He knew that this person was a rather important one, else the Lady would not wish to speak to him so badly. The calloused way in which the person had spoken, however, shocked him. This person surely was not to much older then a mortal teenager, and yet he dared to speak to the Lady in such a manner? It was...horrifying. The tone of voice he used alone was rather cheeky, and Haldir was surprised that such an action had not caused him much worse in the past. His questions, however, were the biggest aggravation to Haldir.

Yet, what was perhaps the most shocking was the fact that the Lady still abided by his decision. When the other had asked her to begin asking the right questions, and trying to figure out what questions she should be asking, she had relented with a graceful smile. She had not pushed, and had not pried. The other was playing some sort of game with her, that Haldir knew well enough, though what kind exactly was rather confusing to him, as he simply could not figure that out, but it was clear that some form of a game was being played, and Haldir was most certainly not fond of it. To mess with Lady Galadrial was quite rude, and his insulting questions certainly did not paint him in a favourable light in any way whatsoever. He did not trust this person, whose mind the Lady was unable to reach, and whose powers revive him before his time to awaken should come. 

Even though, once Haldir began to think of it, he wondered what exactly the mortal was like with Legolas. For someone who had been so candid with Galadriel, something was different when it came to Legolas. Haldir had only seen the two truly interact once, though once had been all that he had needed to know that something was different. At the very least, it was in that mortal's mind. It had rather surprised him the way the young man's magic had lashed out instantly at Aragorn, and yet settled with Legolas. Quite an interesting contrast. Perhaps the other was less mortal then Haldir believed previously. Though it was obvious he was some sort of a wizard, similar to Gandalf, his magic was very different, and that was something which both fascinated and frightened Haldir. 

Though, just because Haldir did not know what power it was that this mortal seemed to wield one thing was obvious, his Lady was just as fascinated of it as he was. Perhaps this was why she was content to let him play his little game, though for what reason the other would decide to beat around the bush instead of just answering Haldir was as of yet uncertain. Perhaps there was an answer which he had given, hidden in his words. He seemed to be the sort of person who would do such things, and he seemed to enjoy playing games and such, though Haldir wished to speak to Legolas to know more.

Alas, Legolas was busy. the company was barely settled in, and Legolas was going to tend to them and ensure that they were well seen to. Something Haldir would ideally be doing, aiding the other in properly caring for their guests. however, to Haldir's chagrin, he had another assignment. He would never deny his Lady, however, and as such he was grateful for his assignment, even if it was rather annoying. 

He had been tasked with keeping an eye on this strange outlander. Though Haldir was grateful for the chance to once more serve the Lady in a way that was necessary, he did not think that anything that he managed to get from the other would be useful in any form. He could not truly read him, and the individual was quite complicated. Full of rather annoying contradictions that made Haldir want to throttle him, even as he kept his calm disposition. 

What did surprise him, however, was that he had refused the offer of dinner. Something which Haldir would have suspected he would jump at. The other had not answered when he had asked him why it was that he refused, just a simple shrug of his shoulder, but there was something more at work then just what he showed on the surface. Though he was not entirely certain what was going on with the other, it was obvious there was some things that he had not quite managed to heal from.

He had supposed that this company was more broken than many that haldir had seen, even if that number was rather small. Legolas was estranged from his father, and rebelling, something that Haldir knew King Thranduil would not take well, and likely had not, and once Legolas deigned to return to his Woodland home, he would have to deal with his father's anger and wrath at his departure. 

Then there was Aragorn, the heir of Isildur, carrying the weight that the legacy of the ring had given him, and he fear which that held as well. He knew that it was why he had not claimed the mantel of Gondor's king. His fear was holding him back. 

The hobbits were young, and had seen so much in such little time. Though he thought that it was rather admirable. They tried to help the situation, and calm everyone down, something which was a drastic task for everyone. 

Boromir had much resentment, and it would be that resentment which would be his downfall. It was not something that Haldir particularly liked stating, but it was quite obvious, he knew the horrors of such emotions, and he knew them well. Boromir would not be spared a fate similar. 

Gandalf's own heavy age was enough. Wizards were mortals, and not equipped to living such long lives. Such things took a huge toll on both he body and the mind. It was weighing on Gandalf, but such things had been for ages now. 

This boy, however. This teenage mortal, whoever it was that he was, carried a different weight. It was not the weight of old age, nor of youthful innocence corrupted, it was not of resentment, nor of rebellion. There was something different. An age-old fear which had turned him dark. The dark cast of his eyes, how he roamed them. 

there was something strange. Haldir did not like it.