III.

Kenma was at your front door early in the morning, too early. His breath was unsteady, complexion pale, and lips dry from the cold morning mist.

"What are you doing so early?" You asked as you rub your eyes.

"My ring."

"What?"

"I asked forgot my ring." He huffs out, "You took it off yesterday, it must still be here."

"Oh." You deadpanned, "I threw it out."

"You what?!" He grabs your side, eyes blown open.

"You don't care about the girl anyway, why get married to her when I know you love me." You said, unfazed.

"You crazy bitch! You have any idea what you just did?!"

"Kenma-"

"No! You gotta pay for this!"

"Kenma listen-"

"What more can you say about this?!"

"I didn't throw it out, okay?!" You yelled just as loud as he was.

Kenma sighs in relief, "Don't say shit like that. Christ."

"I just wanted to see your reaction." You said with a frown, "It was disappointing." You hand him the ring which you had pocketed the night before.

He put on the ring, your heart tugs uncomfortably.

"Baby you know I'm tied to her, I thought you understand that." He said, unknowingly breaking your fragile heart.

"You're not hers until two more weeks." You said as you feel your eyes getting hotter.

Kenma took your hand and kisses the back of it. The gesture was the one that brought the tears to stain your rosy cheeks.

"Why can't you just leave her?" You said in a silent cry. "Don't you love me?"

He let go of your hand, eyebrows knitted together and lips pressed together into a tight line. It made your already broken heart crumble to dust.

"Don't cry."

"You are so cruel." You said as you shut the door close.

You lean against it as more tears drop like rain. You wished- you prayed  that he would knock on your door and and beg you to let him in so he could comfort you. But no, all you can hear was his fading footsteps. It was always like this; he got what he wanted and leave.

You were nothing more than a disposable toy.