001

Jihyo's POV

"you did it again jihyo" the teacher smiled at me. I smiled back at her.

"as expected" Taehyung clapped his hands for me. "congratulations" he added.

"thank you. congratulations to you too" I said since he was second highest next to me.

"congratulations jihyo" sana hugged me. I hug her back.

"thank you sana. please tell me if you're also having a hard time with our studies. I'm always here to help you, okay?" she nodded.

"let's go out to celebrate. my treat" she said. I don't have any choice so I agreed anyway.

we went to Sunset Café. She really knows what I like the most. I really like here in this café. My favourite in the menu is the apple pie.

"thanks for bringing me here mina" I thanked her as I chew my apple pie.

"what do you mean? we always go here" mina giggled. she's right. we're always here because I love it here. the sweet smell of aroma, a busy yet quiet café, it's just perfect.

"jihyo! it's almost 3 o'clock" I look at the time and widened my eyes. I stood up from my seat and take my apple pie with me. I made my way out of the café and run my way to the bus stop. the next stop is at 3:20pm. oh no.

Park Jimin

Jimin
where are you

Jihyo
I'm waiting for the bus

Jimin
you sure?
you know how mom and dad would react

Jihyo
I am
I just need to wait a few more minutes

Jimin
take care

I waited for like 30 minutes to wait for the bus to arrive. the bus has too many people inside so I squeezed myself to get in.

Once I got to my stop, I walked to went home. I hope I'm not too late.

I open our door and went inside. It seems mom and dad are still not here. I went upstairs but before I could do that.

"Jihyo" I froze as I heard a familiar voice. I sighed and turned around. "Mom?"

"Why are you late? Where did you go?" she asked me. fear is visible in my face.

"I-I went to study with sana" I lied. I lied and stuttered at the same time. fuck

"I lso heard you're the average this grading has highest" I nodded and keep listening to what ever she'll say. "but I also heard taehyung was also about to go ahead of you"

I looked at the floor. she's still disappointed eventhough I have the highest honor.

"do better next time jihyo. taehyung might get ahead of you" and that ended our conversation. I went into my room and change into comfortable clothes.

do I still need to get better? I did my best and yet she's still disappointed. I mever thought that this will be a competition between taehyung