Chapter 36. Planning for the Future ☾

A/N. I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING BUT THE PLOT (pages 287-289, harry potter and the prisoner of Azkaban)

Soon after the first patronus lesson Harry had with Remus, Draco and Harry found themselves preparing for another Quidditch match.. No surprise to Harry, Finnigan, Zabini, Theodore Nott, Gregory Goyle, and Vincent Crabbe showed up to the game dressed up as Dementors. No, it was what happened next that surprised the whole Trio. Professor Snape ran over to the students, now on the ground because of Harry's Stag Patronus. After checking if they were hurt, he took ten points off Slytherin from each of them and gave them detention with Professor McGonagall. The quintet of Slytherins looked extremely surprised, and ran away cowing. Only Draco saw the smirk on Professor Snape's face as they retreated. The rest of the Gryffindor vs. Ravenclaw match went off without a hitch.

After the quidditch match, Hermione realized that the end of the year was a lot closer than she would have liked.

"Harry! We have a ton of revision to do! We can't just laze around doing what we like." Hermione scolded an idle Harry, whom had sat down and started petting Dragon. Draco rolled his eyes.

"Hermione Granger, we are at the top of all our classes, not to mention you and I already aced all our classes last time" Draco hissed, looking around to make sure no one else heard him. "With all the studying Harry has already done so far, he should do fine on our exams. Calm down and go pet your monster." He finished. Hermione looked affronted.

"He is not a monster. Isn't that right Crookshanks?" She cooed as she picked up her beast and sat down. "I wasn't only talking about school, you know. We really need to get a certain someone on the same page for the upcoming Shrieking Shack adventure, so that nothing goes wrong." She clarified. Harry, Draco, and Dragon sighed.

"Let's get going then." Harry declared. They all got up and made for the door. "I'll call for Luna," Harry decided.

"Why do we need Luna?" Draco asked.

"Harry! I know you have a crush on her, but she has nothing to do with the Shrieking Shack! She doesn't need to come." Hermione established.

"I'm not saying we drag her along with us that night. What I am saying is that we barely see her. Why can't she come and hang out?" Harry expressed. Hermione huffed.

"Fine invite her. She's not coming that night, however!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Who doesn't need to be where?" Luna inquired, walking around the corner smiling. As she came over to the trio, she squatted down and greeted Dragon. "Hello." She spoke dreamily.

"Hey Luna! We were about to go to the Come and Go room to make plans for catching Pettigrew. Want to come along? You don't have to help catch Pettigrew." Harry paused. "In fact, it would be better if you didn't help us that night. That doesn't mean you can't come and help us plan." Harry explained. Luna smile grew wider.

"Of course, Harry, I'm not doing anything now and my dorm mates have decided to ignore me again. So, why not?" She told the group.

Hermione looked sad at Luna. "I'm sorry your dorm mates are ignoring you again. Don't worry about them. We think you're cool! Come on." Hermione commanded as she threw her arm around Luna's shoulders. When they got to the seventh-floor corridor, Draco paced back and forth three times. When they walked in, Dragon turned in to Sirius and sat down.

"So, what happens that night that we need to plan?" Draco enquired.

"Well, first we went down to Hagrid's hut to support him and Buckbeak. You, of course know what happens right before that, don't you?" Hermione remarked, smiling cheekily.