winter nights

hey guys this is just a little tommy and tubbo fluff because that's what i feel like writing.

i'm not shipping ANYONE in any of these stories so everything is platonic. i feel the need to make that clear.

so it's PLATONIC.

yeah i make fluff because i read angst and now i need to write something ✨fluffy✨ :,)

anywho
this is just gonna be completely random so it doesn't involve the sleepy bois

notes:
-tubbo is gonna be younger than tommy in this
-mid evil-ish setting
-italics means flashback, just making that clear.
~~~

it was a cold winter night, the wind was strong, making the seeming everlasting snow into a blizzard. the black background that draped behind the millions of small white specks of snow seemed to give this night a magical feel, but it wasn't christmas.

tubbo shivered in his small bed, the storm must be bad. he wrapped himself in the duvet and tried to warm himself up, only to keep shivering.

rolling over to face the door, he stood up. the cold hard ground underneath his bare feet made him more aware and awake. there was a breeze coming from the window, forcing the closed window back and forth from the storm, making a chattering sound.

tubbo lit the small candle he had and picked up the base by the handle, making his way out of his small cottage room. the small candle made it easier to see, though it almost got blown out many times by the wind.

the crisp cold air made tubbo's nose cold, he pursed his lips and opened the door to his bestfriend's room, the small candle couldnt light up the room a lot, but the burnett's eyes were adjusted to the dark, making it easier for him to see tommy's asleep in his bed.

"tommy... psst-" tubbo whispered, not wanting to startle his friend awake, but at this rate he knew tommy would be expecting him in the night, as it happened very often. it reminded him of why he was living here...

'tommy, i- i- i cant-' tubbo was hyperventilating, hot tears flooded his ocean blue eyes and rushed down his red cheeks. he felt weak as his fragile body racked with many uncontrollable sobs. 'shhhh... tubbo, i'm right here.' the blonde spoke, running a hand through the boy's hair as he cried. tommy gently took tubbo's hand, putting it on his chest. taking deep, steady breaths, tommy spoke again, softly he said, 'i need you to breathe with me... can you do that?' he looked down at the younger with worried eyes, before he nodded. 'okay, deep breath... and we'll let it out together...'

deep breath, they exhaled at the same time. after a few of the deep focus breaths, tubbo was able to breathe properly again, without the risk of passing out. tubbo fell against tommy's chest, still crying his eyes out. 'shhhh... shh..' tommy pulled him closer, rubbing circles on his back, and running his finger through tubbo's hair once more. 'you'll be okay, i'll always be right here for you, i promise.'

'i- i miss them-' tubbo's heartbroken and small voice made tommy feel so badly for the boy. 'i know... i know, tubbo. please believe me, we will get through this, together.' he reassured him. tommy put his hands on tubbo's shoulders, gently pulling him out of the hug. he kissing him on the forehead and gingerly brushed the hair out of his face with the back of his hand. he cupped tubbo's face, carefully wiping away his tears. tubbo leaned into the warm touch, closing his eyes and trying to stop his crying.

tubbo smiled very sadly, putting his hand on tommy's wrist. tommy tucked a stray piece of hair behind tubbo's ear and pulled him into a hug once more. the brunette burrowed his head in the crook of the blonde's neck, his lips still quivering. he let out a few whimpers of sadness, and tommy held him closer, leaning against the wall that the bed they were sitting on was against.

tommy rubbed his back again, and tubbo let his head rest against tommy's chest, his arms loosely around the boy who was holding him. 'it's okay, tubbo... please rest...' soon after, tubbo fell asleep, tommy wiped his tears one more time. the poor boy didn't deserve to loose his parents... nobody does. especially at his age.

tubbo decided to enter tommy's room, closing the door quietly behind him and setting the candle down on the bedside table. blowing it out, he laid the duvet he had wrapped around his shoulders onto the other duvet tommy already had, it would definitely be warmer with two. crawling into bed next to him, he felt tommy shift a bit to make room for tubbo.

"hey tubbo.." tommy spoke tiredly. tubbo clung to his bestfriend, leaning his head under tommy's chin and trying to get warm again, seeing he was still shivering. tommy hugged tubbo, holding him close, being the big brother of their friendship. "are you okay?" tommy always asked this when tubbo came in his room at night, or if he looked saddened or off about something. tubbo nodded, "i'm really cold." he said. tommy pulled the covers up more, bringing it up to their shoulders and up behind tubbo's head, but not covering his face.

tommy put a gentle hand on the back of tubbo's head, running his fingers through his soft brown hair slightly. tiredly he made sure tubbo was warm enough, tangling their legs a bit solely for warmth and comfort. "love you, tubbo. goodnight." tommy spoke calmly to his bestfriend. "i love you too, tommy. thank you for everything you've done.." said tubbo, causing a small smile to appear on tommy's face. "i'm always here for you, bub."

soon, they both fell asleep, warm and comfortable in each other's arms. winter nights were sometimes the best, but can also be sad at times.

~~~~~

992 words mmmm oh and it's 2:11 am i hope you enjoyed.