𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾

(ʚɞ)  THE SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW SERIES . . . !
ꔛ﹅ ۰ ۰ ۰ 一 ♡﹕ 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒑𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 ! 𓄼
━━━━━

( 𝖻𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝗈𝗇𝖾 ۰ CIGARETTE DAYDREAMS ۰ 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾 )━━━━━

━━━━━

               THE THORNBURYS WERE LIKE EVERY OTHER ORDINARY FAMILY IN LONDON, ENGLAND. There were four of them: Philip, Saoirse, Mason, and Margot. To the ordinary eye, the family does seem like they haven't gotten any unique qualities to them, except they are magical. So, to put it into better words, the Thornburys were ordinary in their world, not the Muggle world. Although this might come as a surprise to nonmagical folks, in the wizarding world, this family seemed to fit right in with the crowd. With its impeccable bloodline, all purebloods—not that the family cared (but, to some, it might)—the Thornburys know how to keep hidden when needed and step out from the shadows if necessary.

               The head of the household, Philip Thornbury, is a respected man who works a rather important job at the Ministry of Magic. As someone who works in the Obliviators Headquarters, Mr. Thornbury is assigned with erasing the memories of all those who have stumbled upon a bit of classified information. To no surprise, Muggles are the ones who seem to wound up under the obliviation spell the most. 

               Mr. Thornbury liked his job very much, seeing as he used it as a tool to eavesdrop on some classified conversations. But, to be fair, those conversations should not be happening in the bathroom, but Philip doesn't seem to mind. His favorite part was replaying those conversations to his family at the dinner table. And to ensure they keep it a secret, they are to lock their mouths and give him the key. But, there was this one time when Mason discovered his magical abilities and he accidentally locked his mouth shut; Margot found that moment very comical.

               On the other hand, Saoirse Thornbury is—as some might put it—the complete opposite of her chaotic husband. The Irish-born and raised women tended to attract more towards the orderly manner that being an editor for the Daily Prophet brought. She can't stand not having a strict schedule to abide by, which has led to the woman becoming a control freak. But, never say those last few words to her face as she will yell and persuade you into thinking that she is the complete opposite.

               Loved by all, Mrs. Thornbury was the woman every young girl wished to become. Except for Margot. She desires to grow up and wreak havoc out of spite toward her mother who has somewhat bullied Margot into believing that the only way a woman can successfully make it in today's society needs to be proper and know her place. Which, is something that Margot does not care to follow.

               Even though this might frustrate the two and it might be hard to believe, the mother and daughter have a loving relationship.

               The older woman can make everyone feel loved and safe. Saoirse's only dream growing up was to become a mother, everything else wasn't as important. With the birth of her two beautiful children, Saoirse knew that this was her place and what she was destined to become. The only reason she's so hard on Margot is that Saoirse believes Margot is more than just a young teen who wants to go with the flow. Even though Margot deems that theory as "bullshit," her mother will do anything to make her believe.

               With that said, it's quite obvious that Margot is more similar to her father than her mother. Yes, she does love order, but what's the fun in having everything planned rather than seeing how her life pans out without the strategic planning. She likes the idea that there might not be a specific path she has to follow, but she will end up with the best possible outcome through her choices.

               Her mother and brother believe her to be insane for thinking that, but Margot doesn't care. It's not their life to dictate and take control over. Margot has to do what she thinks is best for her.

               This thought process makes her a carbon copy of her father, and Margot is very elated with that fact. Like herself, Philip doesn't follow any strict rules or plans in life and would much rather see where life takes him.

               It came as a surprise when Philip and Saoirse decided to become a couple and get married because of their completely different choices in their lives, but to them, they see it as a new way of living. They can make all these important decisions together, even if, in the end, Saoirse usually gets what she wants, but Philip doesn't seem to mind. He is simply a man madly in love with, what he believes to be, the most angelic and thoughtful person alive. One of the best decisions they had made together was starting their own family; thus, their first child was born.

               With a glance at him, one can tell that he's a Thornbury. The eldest child, Mason, has grown into a young man at such an early age that one might assume there might be a lack of a father in the house. It's how he carries himself, how Mason walks around with such confidence and holds his head high to mimic that he has everything under his control. Although in reality, that is far from the truth.

               Strutting around the corridors of Hogwarts, the Gryffindor has become one of the most popular kids at the school; being a star chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch team can do just that. The young man loves the thought that he seems to be on people's minds. He likes the spotlight. But, that all came crashing down when Harry Potter walked through the Great Hall for the first time. Mason knew then that he would get pushed aside so that the Potter boy would now become the star of everything. Margot would insistently badger Mason for his obsession with being number one in the public eye, and he would continually push her off.

               The Thornburys have big plans coming their way soon. With Mason heading into his final year and Margot heading into her fifth, and most stressful year, at Hogwarts, these kids must realize how important it is to have each other's backs. Philip has much to look forward to at the Ministry of Magic this coming school year. And with Saoirse working at the Daily Prophet, there will be no more order.

               The Triwizard Tournament is about to tear apart the Thornbury family, and there's nothing they can do to stop it from happening.