Been A While

James and Katherine are standing in front a cave. He smirks at her as she complains and wipes the dirt from her boots.

"Cannot believe you've got me here hiking in five-hundred dollar boots!"

"Hey, you did not have to wear those. Besides, you need to be out here with me because who else will be your bodyguard against Klaus?"

"When you told me that it was a surprise, I didn't expect it to be waking up the rest of his siblings."

He smirks. "Why not have a bit of fun before we really get down to business?"

"...Are you sure that Amelia will be fine without us?"

"Don't worry. I've got a very good friend looking out for her."

"Wait... What friend? Did you replace me?!"

"Kit Kat, you know that you're my best friend. How can anyone replace you?" He ruffles her hair and she smacks his hand away.

"Watch the hair and stop calling me that! Only Pepperoni can get away with it!"

Back at the Mikaelson mansion, the Mikaelson siblings stand in the dining room.

"I like what you've done with the new place, Nik." Rebekah says before throwing a vase at the wall.

"...I wanted it to be for all of us. A place we could call home. A place where we could be a family. None of us would ever have to be alone again."

"Well you're right, none of us will be." Elijah says going to stand with his other siblings.

"You're staying behind." Finn says.

"We're leaving you, Nik. Right after I kill that doppelgänger wench, then you will be alone. Always and forever."

"If you run, I will hunt all of you down."

"Then you'll become everything you hate. Our father."

"I'm the hybrid! I can't be killed! I have nothing to fear from any of you!" Klaus shouts.

"Then who freed us of the daggers then, brother?" Kol asks with a smirk.

"...It couldn't have been Stefan Salvatore... Unless it was him."

"Could you be more discreet, Niklaus?" Elijah asks.

"James... James Rinaldi."

At school, Amelia along with Bonnie and Caroline stand at their lockers.

"...How is Elena doing?" Amelia asks Bonnie.

"After what happened, she wasn't doing so good. Damon showed up before I went to take her back home. His reaction wasn't so good either... Melly, I suggest you not be by yourself. There's no telling what Damon will do to get to James."