Chapter 1 - The Battle is Won

Akari and her team lay sprawled on the ground, and further away was the notorious traitor Ishi, and her comrade Lexandri. Groggily, Akari woke and glanced around at the battlefield.

Town hall was a burning mess, the pavement was in pieces from Ishi's rocky defenses, and her team..

Akari's team was battered and broken. Cuts all over, and bruises on their faces, another symptom of Ishi's earth powers. Akari didn't know what to do, so she sat in silence until
the rest of her team soon woke up.

Maris sat up first and nodded to Akari, who was relieved. Maris then began cleaning her other teammate's cuts with her water powers. Amaya was soon dry after Akari's hot wind from her fiery abilities and flew around the damage, dumping water on the burning buildings. She used her air forces to dry the buildings and blow away some of the rubble.

They soon finished helping to the best of their abilities before the police came. Ishi and Lexandri were still knocked out; the team's forces was too strong for them.

𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒘𝒐, Akari thought, 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆. 𝑻𝒐𝒐 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆.

Maris nudged Amaya, and the team walked over to the heap of bodies that were Ishi and Lexandri.

"Wake up." Maris said, forcefully shaking the traitor.

Ishi woke up with a start to a sea of unforgiving faces that once were her friends. She could see the pain and anger in their faces, and looked over at Lexandri. She gave her a sharp kick and Lexandri came to.

"What the hell are we doing on the floor?"

"We lost the battle Lexandri. And you've lost me. You're sick, you know?"

"Don't you dare speak to me that way, bastard." said Lexandri. She sat up, turned to Ishi and slapped her.

Ishi flinched but said nothing. Lexandri smirked and stared at Ishi, madness and evil coating her face. Ishi wanted to explain but knew there was basically no chance of her team accepting her apology or believing her. She decided to try anyways.

"You guys, I don't know what to say. I'm really, truly sorry. I have no excuse and I never meant for this to happen-"

Akari cut her off and said, "You're right, there is no excuse. You have nothing to say. Get away from here."

Lexandri stood up and grabbed Ishi by the arm. Ishi jumped, and Amaya questioned this action. Surely Ishi wasn't scared of the person she went willingly with? Lexandri stepped fowards and sighed.

"Look, there's no point lying here. I used her to destroy you. It wasn't her, it was me. She had nothing to do with this because I controlled her with brainwashing. But no way in hell does this mean I'm done. I'll come back, just you wait."

"Sur-" Akari began to say but was stopped by Amaya.

"W-wait, you can't just write her off like that Kari.. didn't you guys see Ishi jump when Lexandri grabbed her? I th- I think there's something else going on here."

Akari said nothing. She thought for a minute and her gaze rested on Ishi's eyes. She saw fear, but then a flicker of hope. Her stare softened and Akari nodded. She beckoned to her team and Amaya smiled. The team got into a possessive stance and Akari spoke.

"Lexandri, no matter what you say, Ishi is our friend and we'll take her back, however damn long it takes us."

"Right Kari!" Her team said.

Lexandri's eyes narrowed. "You can have her, I guess. She failed me but that doesn't mean another person will too." And in a puff of smoke, Lex's blue skin was gone.

Ishi fell to the floor.

Maris gasped and ran to her. She checked her pulse and..

"Nothing."