𝐎𝐍𝐄

marked

  The possession of a body, the right vessel for the soul was an important part of Leo's "revival." The fetus carried by a woman just how the sky carried him until he was taken by the sun, is possessed by Leo. Annie park only wished that the baby in her would flourish in life after their birth. Years of anguish by the hands of her coven, she ran away. The little magic she left in her life was this child. All alone, Annie came across this older woman who owned a flower shop outside of a small town. She learned that the woman was just like her, an outcast. The power in that woman was something that Annie had never felt. The flowers in her shop felt human to the touch and apparently could talk to the woman. That's what she told her and something in Annie knew the woman was telling her the truth. In the comfort of their relationship, The older woman confided in her all of the stories of her life. Annie did the same.

  She was baffled to find her midwife gasping once her hand grazed her belly. "What's wrong?" Annie asked her concerned about her reaction. "This child is marked....I'm so sorry dear." Those words made no sense to Annie. The little light she had hoped for was being dimmed. What could she do?

"He's possessed by something even bigger than us Annie. We have to do something about this." The older woman that had been taking care of Annie throughout her whole pregnancy now held a small knife in her hand. "I won't kill my baby." The declaration made the old woman grab onto Annie's hand. The knife pressed on her palm "that baby's soul was clouded for a long time. I didn't tell you because I thought it would be clear by now but what's clear is that...Your baby doesn't possess one." The clear information she was given only made Annie want to push away the old woman. "But there's a way we can suppress whatever's to come, you just need to trust me." A choice never felt so dangerous but as she nodded and the little sting on her hand made her think about all the possible endings this had. If it were to save her son, she would do anything. "Half a soul will cover that place you so wished to fill."

"He'll thank you for giving him an opportunity to truly live. Even if it's for a little while."

Leo was only 7 when Astoria Regan passed away. The old woman Annie learned to love like a mother had been burned alongside her most precious flowers. The only ones in attendance were his mother and him. Astoria liked to call them her "little coven." Magic was all around the shop he grew up in,  he could only see it never able to feel it. He would ignore his mother's worried glances when Astoria taught him spells that he couldn't get right. No matter how many times he'd practice, the spark of magic never appeared.

"I suck, not even auntie Astoria could help me get my magic" Leo pouted and threw himself into his mother's arms. His mother coo'd at her son and caressed his head. "You're just not big enough to hold so much power. It was good practice and you'll be thankful for it one day. Okay?" He nodded into her shoulder, and she felt tears wet her shirt. "What's wrong baby?" Annie took a look at him and he covered his eyes. "C'mon you can tell me anything." His sobs subsided. His mother waited for him to calm down, soothing his back with her hand. "I want to see her." Annie frowned but understood what he meant. She had lost someone close to her, it pained her to see her son have to lose someone as well.

"If you catch yourself looking at the night sky, you'll be able to see her. The brightest star will be Astoria."

  Annie park married and changed her last name to Davis. Leo never acknowledged the man who now sat next to his mother, a sense of loathing the moment he crossed paths with him was enough to put him on edge. The arguing was something that he never thought would start happening. Next came the mysterious bruises that would appear on her arm. He hated the way she winced when she'd embraced him. So he avoided her hugs.