Mystery by Taiyaki_choco

(The books are listed in order of submission to TAA, not placing. To see what order your book is in, please reference the 'list of participants' chapter)

1. Nowhere by shhravanii (13/13 chapters read)
Cover: 3/5
Title: 2/5
Summary: 2/5
First line: 8/10
Plot: 20/30
Characterisation: 3/5
Writing style: 10/20
Grammar: 10/20
Total: 58/100

The cover is simple but it is not related to the title that is given. The title of the story is quite mysterious as it made me excited to read more about it. The sentences that are constructed are simple but understandable. I would recommend the author/writer to construct a complex sentence so the reading is will be much smoother. The plot is quite dull as there are not much of a storyline and it leave holes which is difficult to figure out the timeline as well as the scenario. There are isn't much character development and it needs to be improved. There are several spelling mistakes and the grammar could have been better, I would suggest to have a beta reader. The writing style is alright but it could be better if it is a bit more specific in certain aspects. Great work and it will be better if the author/writer improves it.

2. The Case Puzzle by bowdownpeasantz  (27/27 chapters read)
Cover: 3/5
Title: 3/5
Summary: 5/5
First line: 8/10
Plot: 27/30
Characterisation: 3/5
Writing style: 17/20
Grammar: 15/20
Total: 81/100

Note: Really like the cover as I can feel the Sherlock Holmes vibe! The summary really attracts me to read and discover more and it is true that everything we did will have consequences. I like how the character is sarcastic at some point. The writing style is okay and I think it could be improved if the paragraphs are to be prolonged. There are some grammar mistake but it is not very obvious. Keep up the good work!

3. Roses and Guns by Bunnybeebooo (25/25 chapters read)

Cover: 4/5
Title: 3/5
Summary: 2/5
First line: 7/10
Plot: 21/30
Characterisation: 3/5
Writing style: 7/20
Grammar: 11/20
Total: 58/100

Note: The title and cover are suitable as for the summary it is a bit of misleading. I would recommend describing a little more in the summary. The overall plot is alright, and it is quite neat. It is interesting to see how the story unfold. The characters are normal but not dull. I like the writing style since it brings out the interaction of different characters. There are quite some grammar mistakes and I bet the story will be much better when it is corrected. Nice work and do keep it up!!

4. Sierra Port by izscha  (6/6 chapters read)
Cover: 2/5
Title: 3/5
Summary: 3/5
First line: 5/10
Plot: 8/30
Characterisation: 1/5
Writing style: 8/20
Grammar: 9/20
Total: 39/100

Note: The cover is nice and it suits the title. The summary did draw my attention to discover it mystery behind the story but what disappoint me is that the story only have 2 chapters which is difficult for me to determine what will happen since there is lack of plot. This also caused me to not 'see' or 'feel' the development of the character in this story. There are quite a number of grammar mistakes and I would suggest to proof read before publishing it or to have a beta reader.

5. Possible Second Chance by NxnsxgnorsDxmon  (20/20 chapters read)
Cover: 2/5
Title: 2/5
Summary: 4/5
First line: 9/10
Plot: 26/30
Characterisation: 3/5
Writing style: 17/20
Grammar: 17/20
Total: 80/100

Note: The cover is quite plain but the title did attract me to read the story. Nice summary and I really love the words that are been chosen by the author/writer to describe on something. Great starting! I would recommend to read as it is indeed interesting!! I really love the writing style as what I would wish to see in a book, there are very few grammar mistakes. Overall the storyline is good and I like how it is been written in detail.

6. Azura's Curse by korisa_hex (24/24 chapters read)
Cover: 2/5
Title: 3/5
Summary: 2/5
First line: 6/10
Plot: 18/30
Characterisation: 3/5
Writing style: 9/20
Grammar: 16/20
Total: 59/100

Note: The cover is alright but it is simple. I really like the title it actually made me feel curious about what the story is all about. The summary is short and brief but a little dull. The chapters are quite short and I would recommend to prolonged it by merging 2 or more chapters together. The story line is alright. The characters are quite plain but not dull, it still can be improved. I like how the writing style are been kept simple and understandable. This story is nice overall and of course it can be better once it is been improved and edited. Good job!!

7. My Fair Lady by CelticWarriorQueen17  (25/25 chapters read)
Cover: 3/5
Title: 3/5
Summary: 3/5
First line: 7/10
Plot: 24/30
Characterisation: 3/5
Writing style: 13/20
Grammar: 14/20
Total: 70/100

Note: The title and the book cover is suitable and I like the magical effects on the book that somehow show that you are about to discover the mystery behind the story. The summary does made me feel curious about the story and it makes me want to read more about it. I really like how descriptive the whole story is and it made me able to imagine the scene that it is played but by words only. There are grammar mistakes but it didn't really affect much about the understanding of the sentences. All I have to say the ending is really sweet and it makes me really say "awwwhhh so cute!!"

8. Flawless Facade by nyxarra  (11/11 chapters read)
Cover: 3/5
Title: 4/5
Summary: 4/5
First line: 8/10
Plot: 26/30
Characterisation: 3/5
Writing style: 15/20
Grammar: 17/20
Total: 80/100

Note: The cover is really nice and it did bring out the mystery vibes!!! The title is is alright and the summary that is been written really bring me into reading it more. Good job by capturing my heart there! The first chapter did interest me and I have can feel the chill down my spine when I finished reading it. There are just a few grammar mistakes but it did not affect the understanding of the sentence. The constructed sentences are simple yet it is detailed which is quite easy to imagine as a reader. In my personal opinion, I do think the chapter is quite short but nevertheless I really had fun when I'm reading this story!! Keep up the good work!!

9. Silent Promise by ivishlander

Work not found

10. The Whims of Tragic Seraphim by BadAssPeaBrain  (42/42 chapters read)
Cover: 2/5
Title: 4/5
Summary: 4/5
First line: 8/10
Plot: 26/30
Characterisation: 4/5
Writing style: 18/20
Grammar: 18/20
Total: 84/100

Note: The cover is really simple and I would recommend to make it somehow suits with the overall story or the title of the story. Based on the given title, it does makes me curious about what story will be before I read the summary. The summary captures my heart and I really love how simple yet it is able to bring me into reading more about it. As for the plot, all I can see is well done!!! I really love how the chapters bring out the character but then they actually conceal her true self/identity. The writing style is alright and grammar mistakes are in bare minimum. Overall everything is great except in my opinion the cover is plain and too simple. 

Thank you everyone!-Please message me, if you would like a participants sticker. The top placing author will have their sticker already sent. Thank you for your participation!