P R O L O G U E

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

Cassiopeia Nova Myers was just a baby when her father walked out of her life, leaving her with no memory of him. Her mother never talked about him to her, or really in general. The only time her mother would open her mouth in her direction was when she was berating her for her failures, or blaming her for her father walking out, or when she would let her know not to be home because she would have yet, another man over.

Cassiopeia's mother, Lilith Berkshire, never remarried. She grieved her husband leaving with the pleasure other men would often give during the night. One nightstands. Hookups. A new strange man roaming her house each night. No real love was in those 'relationships'.

That's what Cassiopeia's childhood consisted of, no real love. On the rare occasion, Lilith would forget to tell her daughter she had a man coming over, and the two adults would run into the young horrified girl, she would put on a mask and act lovingly. She'd force a smile on her face that never truly reached her eyes and asked the young girl to go to her room and to not come out until she came to get her. Then her mother would seduce the man into her bed. The next morning the good mother act was gone and she was back to her normal stone-cold state.

Cassiopeia soon picked up on that cold demeanor and used it on everyone who tried to get close. She didn't trust anyone, nor did she believe anyone could ever love her. She didn't have many friends because of this. The only two who somehow wedged their way into her heart were Biance Write, her next-door neighbor, and Draco Malfoy, the boy who understood her.

Cassiopeia never felt at home in the Myer Manor. There wasn't anything homey about it. The dark rooms and mint condition furniture always gave her an eerie feeling. Her room was the closest thing to comfort. Her mother insisted on it being Slytherin green, and she knew better than to argue with her. She wished it could be light grey with some nice steel or Columbian blue accents, but blue was Ravenclaws color so that would never be allowed in her house. In the corner of her room was an alcove. It has three windows in a semicircle and a window in place of the roof, where she would lay at night to look at the stars.

She became fascinated with the night sky from a young age after finding out from Narcissa Malfoy that Cassiopeia was not just her name but a constellation.
Narcissa told her how her family was also named after constellations which is why she knew so much about them. Cassiopeia begged her every time she went to the Malfoy Manor to tell her all about the stars, the moon, and everything that twinkled in the night sky. Soon the lady became like a second mother to her.

At eleven, like most witches, Cassiopeia got her acceptance letter to Hogwarts School of Wizardry for Witches and Wizards. That next September, alone with Bianca and Draco, she started school. She used the school as a safe place to get away from her mother and her sinful nights, Hogwarts became her home away from home.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

a.n.
i hope you enjoyed this!
please vote & comment if you liked it

"let's go look at the stars "

└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘