Chapter Ten

The rebuilding of the mansion had been a big job, it had thrown Leila and Emre together in the most demanding way. It had forced them to make decisions that should have been made by a married couple. To design a home for a family, a large family, you have to think like a family, and they were far from a family. Leila knew her sisters style, she was simple, uncluttered, and nostalgic, which she found to be the easiest design to follow. She loved a soft color palette, like the color of the wildflowers she gathered for her creams, anything that was natural. The work renovations were in full swing and Leila had Emre had already done most of the shopping for the furniture. She was the one in charge of furnishings, but Emre insisted on making all the decisions with her, trying to find any excuse to be with her. She was someone, he found out, he wanted to be with, much to his surprise. Her honesty and kindness had captured his heart, it changed him over this time, he was ready for every morning to come so they could be together.......and she felt the same. So where was this going, he didn't have a clue, but he just knew he wanted it to go somewhere.. The final blueprint had been adjusted, to accommodate the top floor balcony, and the paint for the writing/library room had been selected and ready to go, now just a few final selections in decor and their job would be done, but neither of them were happy about it.

With the presentation to the children's clothing boutique only days away, the agency was in a uproar. With Emre and Leila both preocuppied with the renovations of Can and Sanems mansion, Mihriban had taken the role of creative director. She had formed it into a positive position, insisting that everyone take part in the developing of the campaign, she made the working environment the best it had ever been. Aziz was so proud she had returned to the agency, and he was ready to let her be the one to carry them to the next level. He had his plans of waiting until Can and Sanem returned home before asking her to marry him, and make him the happiest man In the world. Since his divorce from Huma, he hadn't had a relationship with any other woman, he threw himself into his work and tried to forget the vile woman she had turned into. But Mihriban was still in his heart from all those years ago, if he was honest with himself, she had been the only woman in his heart.

Sanem leaned back in her chair, she closed her eyes, " Hmm, you are the best cook ever." She sighed, licking her lips. " Those were the best crepes, really the very best, I've ever had." She exclaimed, reaching for his hand. He smiled, pleased he had made her happy, " I guess Esteban's not the only one that can cook," he said, " I'm good for something."  Sanem looked up quickly,           " If you want, you can let Esteban go, I'm fine here but myself. I don't want him to be a problem with you." She stated, searching his eyes. " He was your idea, not mine, but I tried to make the best of it, because I thought that's what you wanted." She said, pushing back her chair to stand. Can jumped up and stepped around the table to grab her, " Whoa,...I'm sorry, I was just kidding, you're absolutely right,....I just have a hard time with other guys being close to you." He said, pulling her close to him. " Don't be mad at me, I can't take it when your mad." We only have a few days together, so let's not waste any of it arguing." I'm sorry babe." He whispered, kissing her forehead. She couldn't stay mad at him, he melted all of her defenses, " Well for your information, he's not close to me, he's just trying to do his job. What you hired him for, to protect me." She stated, wrapping her arms around him. 

"Come on, let's go out, walk around and meet some people." I can show you around a little, maybe the orphanage, if you want." She spouted. There was that look again, he thought, studying her face, that place must be very special for her. He agreed, so they quickly cleaned the kitchen, dressed, and took off to tour the town. She did a replay of all the places Esteban had shown her, even the boutiques that she had loved. " Look Can, she said, holding up a handmade woven scarf,  " My Abla would love this, do you think we could get some things from here and send back to them as souvenirs?" She asked, her eyes wide with anticipation. He nodded, " I don't see why not, I think they would love it." They picked out a few things for the family and the shop owner offered to ship it out for them. They stopped at the outdoor cafe for a drink and a rest, " Can, don't you just love the town, it's so unique and different than Istanbul. And the people are so kind here, just like the priest at the church, giving me permission to come there and visit the children." She stated, her eyes dancing. " Come on let's go there, let me show you how beautiful it is." She spouted, jumping up from her chair. Can smiled, and followed her down the street, as she held his hand leading him towards the church.

Her excitement had somehow transferred to him, as they got closer to the church. He had learned enough of the language before they left home, for a basic conversation. So when they entered the church, one of the workers of the orphanage greeted them, " Welcome, come in." She said, motioning for them to enter. Sanem smiled and walked in, and Can followed, " Thank you," He said, nodding to her. They recognized Sanem from the time before, and welcomed her in. The director of the orphanage was a older woman, very passionate about the children, and glad when someone showed extra attention to their facility. Can was impressed, the older children were in the classroom, which was nicely equipped with everything they needed. It seemed more like a boarding school than an orphanage. Sanem held his hand, as they walked down the hall toward the nursery. He could feel her grip tighten as they got closer, and see her face get brighter, he knew this place had captured her heart. The worker opened the door, and let them come in, the rooms was full of everything a baby would need, nothing looked old or used. The smell was of baby lotion and powder, that special smell of a baby that was addictive. Sanem went straight to the crib by the window, and picked up the baby for the crib. The bond had already been made, as he watched her kiss him on the cheek, but what a beautiful sight it was. The baby was laughing and playing, happy to see her, as she talked to him, It was like he remembered her. She turned to Can, her eyes gleaming, " Can,...this is Benicio, but they call him Beni for short,....

Can's heart was in his throat, what a beautiful baby, he thought.....

Sanem walked towards him with the baby, he was mesmerized at the sight. This was something totally unexpected for him, but they both seemed to glow. 

He could see why she wanted to come here.....