Chapter twenty nine- Pip, the newest Paw Patrol member

(A/N I just realized how badly I described Pip ;-;. Here's an Occamy [The species that Pip is] so you can know what she looks like ^^^)

I stomped through the thick snow, sheltering Lafayette from the worst of the blizzard with my body. We had walked away from the rest of the group, aware the train was about to leave, because we wanted a bit of romantic alone time. We spent about two hours doing... romantic alone time things before the snow picked up.

We where making our way towards the train station, knowing the sky was almost pitch black and the snow would get worse. We had planned on just summoning our broomsticks once we got the the train station, although, sadly I have to admit, we are lost.

"Mon Amourrrrrrr," Lafayette complained. "It's cold."

"Shh, I know, I know," I sighed, trying to see through the snow.

Suddenly Lafayette let go of my hand and I felt him stumble away from me. I looked around but wherever he went, I already had lost him.

"LAF?!" I yelled, my hands at the sides of my mouth so my voice would reach further.

I didn't get a reply. 

"LAFAYETTE!" I shouted, the ferocity of the blizzard made it hard to hear my own voice. 

I couldn't even see the tree in front of me as I ran into it. I rubbed my head, then started to run in the direction I thought Lafayette had gone.

"LAFAYETTE!" I hollered.

"Herc?" I heard a quiet voice say.

I turned around quickly. Where was he?

"LAF!" I said loudly, looking for him, although my vision had gone all white.

I guess it was a whiteout. Great. Luckily my Irish self has dealt with many whiteouts, and I know what to do. Well, I know what my parents taught me to do.

"STAY WHERE YOU ARE!" I yelled.

"Okay," I heard a voice shout, although it sounded like it was shouted from a mile away.

"WAIT UNTIL IT BLOWS OVER!" I said, then sat at the base of what I guessed was a tree.

I instantly began to shiver, snow catching in the small mustache that I had forgotten to shave off yesterday. I forced myself not to curl into a ball and freeze to death. I reached down with my hands, I only had thin wool gloves on, and began digging in the snow. There was about a foot and a half of snow, and it was climbing.

I dug a hole that was long enough for me to lay down in. I then stretched out my legs, put them in the hole along with the rest of my body, and covered them in the snow. At first I felt like my legs where going to freeze off, but then, slowly, the snow began to reflect my body heat back at my legs. It was called a snow blanket.

(A/N Snow blankets really work. Just bury yourself in the snow and wait. I've done it before and its surprisingly warm. [Of course it worked better for me because I had at least three feet of snow to work with] It works the best with bigger bodies because they have more heat)

"Herc?" I heard a quiet shout.

"YES?" I yelled, still patting down the snow around myself. I felt like a burrito.

"Help," Lafayette responded a minute later, his shouts quiet and distant.

I stood up quickly, forcing myself out of my snow blanket, sending snow everywhere. 

"KEEP TALKING, I'LL FOLLOW YOUR VOICE!" I shouted.

"Je m'appelle Lafayette," I heard a shout.

I followed the noise, he kept talking about random things, most of it in french. I ran into at least five different objects on my way to him.