The day they met

HI! Author's note! In this fanfiction, Chiaki will have narcolepsy and cataplexy. I'll try my best to represent it correctly but as I am bound to make mistakes, so please do correct me if I accidentally write something incorrect or offensive and I will fix it as soon as I can.

Chiaki POV

I sighed as I slowly got up from my bed. I rubbed my eyes and dug through my closet. Life has always been pretty slow and average for me. I have average parents, average friends, I go to an average school and get average grades. Well, I guess I don't go to an average school anymore. I just got my letter to go to Hope's Peak. Which is far from average. Apparently I'm the ultimate gamer? I don't know. I've never exactly considered myself to be that good at games. Also I don't know if I want to be good at them. Yeah, I'll admit, I play games a lot. But playing online games as a girl? Literal hell. And now that I have a title I'm sure as hell gonna get annoyed way more. I finally found the uniform Hope's Peak had sent me. I struggled a little to get it on and checked the time.
Shit
No time for breakfast I guess. I was already gonna be powering through the day without sleep, what difference would hunger make. I sprinted out the door and stumbled a little as I tried to get down the steps. I tried to grab a railing to get my balance back, but I forgot we had moved and no longer had railings. I fell into a bush. What better way to make an introduction than to get to school with twigs in your hair? I swore silently, got up, and started running. It turns out, surprise surprise, the ultimate gamer isn't that fast. I was about half way to the school when I realized I had left my switch at home. I sighed.
Today's gonna be great.

Mikan POV

I was in class exactly an hour and twenty-seven minutes early. My hair was a mess and I had a piece of toast for breakfast, but it was better than being late. I stared straight at the front of the classroom while I waited. Not much to do. After a while, people started making their way into the classroom. Once the classroom was mostly full, the teacher began taking attendance. I wasn't paying attention until I heard her name.
"Chiaki Nanami?"
No answer. I watched Chiaki's streams all the time. She was really good at games and her commentary could always calm me down. Now I was gonna be in her class? The teacher repeated her name.
"Chiaki Nanami?"
A girl charged through the door and grabbed the back of my chair to catch herself. She shot a hand in the air.
"Here!"
She let go of my chair, breathing heavily. Her hair was a mess and she looked like she hadn't slept in weeks, but she was probably the cutest person I've ever seen. I found myself blushing a little. I stared at my desk and fidgeted anxiously.

Chiaki POV

I was a little caught off guard when I saw the girl who's chair I grabbed. I certainly wasn't expecting to develop a crush within seconds of entering the classroom. The teacher drew a seating plan on the board then told us all to get into our seats. I got the window seat at the back of the classroom, you know, like every anime protagonist ever. I got to my spot, the girl was sitting at the desk beside mine. I smiled and waved at her.
"Hello! I'm Chiaki Nanami!"
She gasped a little and played with her hair.
"I-I'm Mikan T-Tsumiki!"
She half shouted. She was barely understandable with how fast she spoke. I tilted my head at her a little.
"O-oh, sorry!"
"Why are you sorry? You haven't done anything wrong?"
She muttered nonsense and hid her face in her hands. I grabbed her hand and gently moved it away from her face, blushing a little as I did so.
"Hey, are you ok?"
She stared at me, eyes wide and her face bright red.
"Ah! Y-yeah! I'm fine! I'm ok! Please d-don't worry about me! I'm sorry, I'm wasting your time aren't I..."
I tilted my head at her and held her hand a little tighter. I moved her hand onto her desk and smiled.
"You're not wasting my time. I enjoy speaking to you, besides, we sit beside eachother and it's currently class time, so there's no way for you to waste my time!"
I grinned. She smiled back at me. Dear god I've only known her for a few minutes and I would do anything to make her happy.

Word count: 813