Chapter 2

Kaylee Uchiha

I see Tammie walk away then I get swept into the crowd, one of the girls says "Wow, you're really pretty, you must get all the boys in your class" they say, "Wait, what grade are you in?" one says "Hopefully not second grade, second graders are babies." Another one says. "Yeah, they are!" others say. They all stare at me and I reply, "I'm in fourth grade." "Oooo" they all gasp, "We're only in third grade!" they reply, "Since you're older than us, you can be our queen bee." they say, "Sure, sounds nice!" I reply with a smile. They started giving me lipstick and blush that they apparently knew how to do. Then they applied eyeliner on my face and showed me a mirror. "I look..... I look awesome!" I yell. "Thanks Girls." I say "No Problem-......?" they reply "Oh! I'm Kaylee!" I say "No Problem Kaylee!" they reply then we walk away. At that moment I had forgotten about Tammie, but that didn't matter, all that mattered were my new friends.

When I got bored I said "I'm gonna go back to class, bye guys!" I say walking away "Bye Kaylee!" they all yell as I walk away. I walk back into my second grade classroom and see Tammie sitting all by herself. Of course I had to go tell her the good news. I walk over to Tammie and sit next to her. "Tammie! You'd never believe what just happened!" I say in excitement, "Yeah? What happened?" she replied, she seems pretty down about something but I'm not sure what it is. "Um.....Anyways! I just became the Queen bee of those 3rd grade girls." I say, "Mhm, good for you Kaylee." she says, She didn't even look at me she just sat there looking down at the table. As I went on and on about all the things we did, she didn't look at me once. Then I snapped. "WHY WON'T YOU LOOK AT ME WHEN I SPEAK!" I yell. The room goes silent. Tammie's quiet but I can tell by when I glanced down her eyes were widened. She slowly lifted her head up. Her eyes were red and swollen and widened up when I yelled at her. She touched her face, it was sticky from the tears on her face that had dried up. Ms. Waterberry shifted into the classroom. "WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE?" She yelled with anger. Everyone stared at me, or so what I thought. They were all staring at Tammie, their eyes glued to her face. A boy pointed at me and another one pointed at Tammie, Tammie put her head down covering her face and eyes with her arms. Then she stayed that way for the rest of Lunch.

After Lunch, Tammie got up and walked out of the classroom, she went ahead and went to the playground. I followed her. I was curious on where she was going since she was basically Ignoring me. When she got out there she sat on the picnic table as if she was waiting for someone. I felt bad, as I walked out on the other side of the playground, I started walking slowly so I could apologize. Then, someone else walked up to her, they started walking then the thing that broke me was when they did our hand shake. I heard them chant "Twinkle Toes, Touch your nose! Hug me Tight, Take a Bite!" They Chant. I see Tammie with a big smile on her face. Then they run up to the monkey bars and start racing each other like Tammie and I used to do. I decide to be strong and bold and walk up to them. I say "Hey Tammie!" I yell. They both jump off and turn around. Then they look at me like they hate me or something. "Hey Kaylee, this is Mina!" she says cheerfully. "Hey.... I'm Mina." Mina says.