8 | Golden | after the end

Ian walking in on Finn giving Noah a haircut.
----------

The only thing on Ian's mind as he made his way to his room was his bed. School had been ridiculously stressful these past few days, and he wanted nothing more than to strip off his school uniform and sleep through the rest of the day.

However, when he entered the room he had shared with his best friend for the past five years, the thought of sleep crumbled to pieces.

Noah was sitting on a chair, wearing nothing but his underwear as Finn stood behind him, an electric shaver in hand. A painful expression marked the swimmer's face, but Noah took the time to greet Ian with a smile.

"Hey Kil," he said, as if it was just another normal day.

Ian stared at the dark hair covering the floor. "What the fuck are you doing."

"It was his idea!" Finn cried, slightly flinching back when Ian came closer to inspect his work. "I didn't want to do it, but he practically forced me to."

"You're making him look ugly!" Ian stated, burying his face in his hands. "Hairdressers exist for a reason."

Noah just shrugged, unbothered by their worries. "I have to save money."

"I would have paid for your haircut, dumbass." Ian took a deep breath, preparing himself mentally before giving Noah's hair a closer look.

"How is it?" Noah asked, grinning as he ran a hand through his hair.

Ian raised a brow. "Atrocious."

"Actually not that bad," Finn stated. "But I'm not finished yet."

"Fuck no, you're going to a hairdresser."

Noah shook his head. "I'm saving money."

Ian rolled his eyes at his stupidity. "I'm paying for it."

"You're my boyfriend, not my wallet," Noah replied, turning around and reaching for Ian's hand. "Let him finish."

The blonde glanced at the hair on the floor, then back at Noah's head. The hair at his neck had been cut slightly too short while the one on top was still awkwardly long. Ian let out a tired sigh and took the electric shaver from Finn.

"Thank God, this was too much stress for me," Finn mumbled and fell backwards on his bed, trying to calm his racing heart. He had feared that Ian would denounce their friendship for messing up his boyfriend's hair.

Noah was still grinning as Ian got to work, convinced that the blonde would do a good job. He was good with his hands, after all.

When Ian was finally satisfied with his work he forced Noah to take a quick shower before he allowed him to look at his hair. Once Noah came out from their bathroom he was grinning like a child on Christmas.

"Knew I could count on you," he stated, reaching for Ian's tie to pull him into a kiss. Ian shoved him away and rolled his eyes.

"You almost ruined your looks, I won't just forget that."

Noah didn't let go of Ian's tie, instead pulling him a little closer once again. "I told you I'm saving money. Hairdressers are expensive."

"Just because you're poor doesn't mean you have to look bad," Ian replied with a scowl. "Besides, you're dating a rich guy, why not take advantage of that?"

"I don't get it either," Finn added from his bed. Noah wasn't bothered by their remarks and just laughed, pressing another peck to Ian's lips.

"I knew you wouldn't let me run around looking ugly."

"I will next time," Ian replied with narrowed eyes, but their proximity had already caused most of his anger to vanish. He ran a hand through Noah's dark hair, already missing his old length.

"It'll grow back," Noah said quietly, lips brushing against Ian's own. "And then you'll cut it for me again."

AN: idk what this is I just suddenly had this idea and it seemed really cute to me, hope you enjoyed :)