Chapter 14: Her Story Part 2

Just as I expected, she did indeed have a hard time adjusting. Especially the fact that the other ladies envied her for becoming the loveliest in Bernardo's eyes. That bloody bastard! He's quite the sadist if you ask me. Yet Angelica remained quite emotionless after she moved in.

Like a porcelain doll, your first expression will be the only expression you'll ever have.

But when I see her (rarely though) she has these sad lonely eyes, looking beyond the forest, beyond the seas. Almost as if she's longing for her motherland. She would sometimes sing a creepy song of despair. It had a lovely tune though.

The song on your right (computer), at the media section (phone) is the song Angelica sung. It's "Hanging Tree" by Katniss from the Hunger Games.

The only fellow prostitute kind to her was Cecilly. She was that cute, pink haired girl. The girl actually came in six months before, and had been one of Bernardo's favorites. I didn't understand why she was being kind to the doll. I didn't get it. But eventually because of Cecilly, the other girls started to leave Angelica alone and give her some respect. It wasn't long until the two became good friends.

Refer to Chapter 6

When Angelica was introduced to our customers, they immediately swooned over her. She remained silent and expressionless though. I actually wondered if she was an abused child. The boss was so happy when many men offered big amounts of money just to sleep with her that same night. The man who offered the highest was a rich nobleman. It didn't surprise me that he was there, there were many noblemen I tell you.

When Angelica brought him into a room, she maintained her expressionless face, but I somehow knew that she didn't want this. That night in their room, I found out that she didn't make a single sound and I would hear the nobleman complain and grumble that she wasn't any fun.

I later realized that that girl had lost all hope.

She had become hopeless. She gave up on herself. She had given up on humanity.

Well, I didn't care at that time since I was infatuated with her as well.

I couldn't help it of course since she had such a pretty face.

The girl became a sweeping success. Many wanted her. Many wanted her none aggressive spirit. It wasn't long until she had a man with her every night.

It was a blusterous night. The sky was dark and the wind howled. There weren't many customers, because of the weather which relieved many of the ladies. They decided to leisure by the fireplace while the others relaxed on the beds with no fear of men. There was.suddenly a loud banging on the door and one of the maids rushed to open it. It was quite unexpected, seeing a man at the doorway with a hood on. He refused to show us his face and only wanted to have Angelica for the night. She showed no resistance, but felt suspicious of the man for his secretive nature.

Leading the man to a room, I followed them. I couldn't help it, but be curious to know who this man was. The others didn't care, because he had a lot of money. Seeing them enter the designated room, I pressed my ear on the door to listen to their conversations, if they had any. And after a short period of silence, I felt my heart leap when I heard the girl cry out in shock:

"Bernardo?!"

********

The next morning the man had already left. I wasn't surprised and I didn't care. But I was surprised to hear what Angelica had exclaimed. I decided to keep it to myself in the meantime until it was necessary.

What do I say? I'm a scheming guy.

Later I met Angelica by the window, she had eyes longing for something. I wasn't sure what it was, but I had this feeling in my gut. Anyway, I approached her and pinned her to the wall. She kept a calm expression and it was making me sick at some point.

"Who was that man with you last night?" I leered.

"Does that matter?" She answers calmly.

I hate her calm expression. It's like there's no soul inside of her!

"Of course it does especially that it was Bernardo." I said with a sly smile, trying to keep calm as well. Her eyes narrowed at this.

Gotcha.

"What makes you think that?" She answers calmly.

"I . . . know things." I lied. I didn't want to tell her that I followed the two.

She scoffs, "Really?" She answers.

"He's playing with you. Just like he always does."

"I won't listen to you, snake!"

"Oh? So it's really Bernardo?" I answered.

"Get away from me!" She growled, pushing me away in the process. But I instantly grabbed her wrist.

"Where do you think you're going, sweetheart?"

"Bastard." She hissed.

Feisty.

"Why are you hiding the fact that it was Bernardo?" I asked as my face closed in.

"What is it that you want from me?" She whispers into my ear.

"Hm?"

"It's quite obvious that you're doing this to blackmail me if I were not to give you what you want."

Hehe, she's a shrewd one.

"I dunno what is it that you have to offer?" I asked her slyly.

She suddenly flashes a grin, surprising me. The woman moves her face closer to mine and I could feel her hand slide on my chest. Her eyes captivated me.

"Your death wish." She answers bluntly, holding a dagger across my throat. I gasped in shock when I realized that it was mine. And she had taken it from me.

"You little--"

She clears her throat, "Now, now. Don't be such a sore loser just because I outwitted you," She says, smiling, "So what is your death wish?"

"Bravo, bravo." I said sarcastically.

I wasn't going to give up yet.

"Do you admit defeat?"

"Yes, yes, deary." I said. My mind went berserk as I tried to find a way out of this.

She sighs and draws the blade away, "You're lucky you're still standing." She says, dropping the dagger and walks away. I rubbed my throat in relief as I watched her disappear around the corner. From that forward, I realized that she was dangerous.

********

Weeks since she came has passed. The other ladies had started to become nicer to Angelica causing her to smile for the first time in a long time. Though Bernardo and the others continued to bring in more ladies as ladies also went off on their way, the man never said anything about who was the loveliest anymore.

Somehow I didn't feel surprised about it. No one surpasses Angelica in looks.

No one.

One night a man came and wanted to make Angelica his, so he offered to buy her. Our boss opposed the idea immediately without thinking twice, saying that Angelica is the number one attraction. I was surprised along with the others, because this sort of thing often happens and our boss never declined an offer. Not to mention that the offer was a huge sum of money, including women.

Our boss turned it down anyway.

The man immediately gave up and asked to sleep with her instead. Our boss reluctantly said yes and Angelica brought him into one of the rooms as usual.

That night, the room seemed to have a ruckus inside. Loud bangs and the sound of struggle could be heard. We didn't mind it since the ladies often resist the customers. But this wasn't like Angelica. The next morning was the day we dreaded.

We found the man dead. 

~~~

Hi, guys! Thanks for reading! Note of advise:

Don't skip the chaps. You'll miss details and you might end up getting confused later on.

Feel free to comment your thoughts of the chap, vote, and follow!! Thanks again! :D

Love,

BalladPhoenix