Prologue

Percy runs through the woods to his cave, the place he and his mother have hidden for the past eight years he has been alive. Sally was the only other person Perseus had ever seen, and his only companion in life. She told him stories, tales of other beings out there in the world, places of security and comfort where people like him could live in peace and harmony. He loved these stories, but didn't care for them. He only needed his mom to be happy. As a toddler, Percy had shown real prowess, amazing endurance and a love for swimming, along with some unnatural skill with weapons, with the exception of a bow, which he was rather terrible with. He was generally a special kid with a wide range of talents.

However, he had overstepped his boundaries. A creature, one he believed to be something big and stronger than himself, followed closely behind him. A loud, ear piercing roar came from just behind him, followed by the gnashing of teeth. He could feel the animal's breath on his neck, fueling his desperation. With one last dive for his life, a jaw snapping shut just below his bare feet, he managed to land on the cold floor of his cave, quickly rising onto his hands and knees and crawling as far in as his trembling body could take him. Rolling onto his stomach, he looked at the creature that was following him, his eyes wide and sweat pouring down his face and chest, soaking the clothes he wore. Beady red eyes looked back at him. Analyzing the creature the way his mother taught him, he identified it. 'An Allosaurus, ' He thought to himself. It seemed to not want to give up, so he just stayed down and tried to relax his body. That demonic creature could study him for however long it wanted, it wasn't getting in the cave. It, too, seemed to realize this eventually, and within a few minutes, it had left, much to the relief of Percy.

He stood after a few moments and stretched his sore limbs. He really did dodge a bullet there. Then, he tensed. His mother. She was still out somewhere, scouting. He had totally forgotten her in his worry. She was in serious danger. According to her, where one Allosaurus could be found, usually a whole pack could be seen. That one wasn't displaying traditional pack behaviors, but the theory couldn't be ruled out. All he could do was sit and wait. He was sure that creature was waiting for him to peek his little head outside the cave.

He tried to occupy himself by fiddling with rocks and sticks that had found there way inside the cave over the years. He couldn't stop stressing though. Never had such a strong carnivore come so close to the cave before. It was unheard of. His mother was at risk of death, and despite her history of surviving close calls, he had a bad feeling in his gut. He whistled loudly, a sound he and his mom used to communicate over longer distances. It was a sharp, high pitched noise that was hard to miss.

When a full five minutes passed and no response could be heard, he started to pace, his legs shaking with exertion, but not willing to rest. Suddenly, he heard a loud stomping, coming towards his home. His head lifted, worry taking hold. His hearing had become greater as years passed, attuned to the wild sounds. He heard the distant soft footfalls, along with louder, furious ones just beyond them. He heard a voice yell his name. His mom. She was running away from something. He almost booked it out of the cave right then and there, but after a cautious step out, he immediately saw he could do nothing to help. She was sprinting at full speed, arms pumping, sweat dotting her brow. But he saw what was in pursuit. He was right to be worried. Indeed, it was not a single Allosaurus that had been present, but three of the dinosaurs. They were going to catch her. There was no doubt about it. He looked at her eyes, and her head rose to meet his terrified gaze. Her face seemed to calm, and she smiled in the face of death.

She had raised Perseus well. He would go on to do great things. His father's blood would ensure that. She could rest peacefully, knowing that while she wished she could do more, he would manage to do all she had hoped she'd accomplish as a pure mortal. She opened her mouth, forming shapes with her lips. I love you. A tear fell from Percy's eyes, knowing she was saying goodbye. He walked two steps back and fell to the ground, knowing no harm would come to him, but not caring either way. When he looked back up, his mother was gone. All that was left was blood on the ground, below the feet of the three monsters before him. His mind couldn't escape the images flashing through his head. It should've been him.

Why couldn't it have been me.

AN: Now it begins, ladies and gentlemen I bring to you a prehistoric version of Percy Jackson, Greek mythology and the Jurassic era together. I hope you all enjoy how this turns out.