Chapter 12: Two Birds With One Stone

Ayo wassuppp back again with another chapter as promised!! Ill probably do fanart for this one and post it up on my Instagram (the @ is the same as on here) donno when tho so keep an eye out. Marinette has two slight panic attacks in this chapter go be careful as you read and enjoy this chapter!!

- - -

11:30 p.m. Hold on

“Tikki. It only took me two hours to adjust all those uniforms?” The red kwami looks up from her newly filled plate of cookies.

“Good job, Marinette! Now you can actually sleep for your first day of school tomorrow.” Marinette snorts and Tikki side eyes her.

“You actually think that because I moved across the entire world that I’d sleep? Good one, Tikki. Really.” She sombers up. “No. It’s just… this is the first akuma since August and the… incident.”If I can’t have you, then no one can. “What changed? Why now?”

Tikki looks sadly up at her holder. “You know I can’t answer that for you. Only the man himself can.” They sit in silence, both thinking the same thing. Tikki’s the one who voices the thought aloud. “Do you think it has anything with the new girl in your old class? That Hawkmoth found a new lackey?” 

“No. When she was akumatized, I knew she wasn’t working with him. Besides, she begged me to get him to stop using her to get what he wants. Lila’s never done that, nor will she ever.” Marinette throws herself onto her bed, bouncing slightly. “And because of that, I cannot rest. That fucker uses people to get what he wants instead of coming and getting it himself. Fucking coward.”

“Do you think… going for a run will clear your head?” The bluenette sits up, leaning on her elbows for support, surprised at what her kwami’s referring to. “Really? You’d let me? I won’t use the Ladybug miraculous, of course, but…” She looks off into space for a minute, thinking of a miraculous she wants to use. “Maybe the cats?”

“Are you sure?” The guardian leans toward, and criss crosses her legs while fingering the ring one her necklace, nodding. “Fine, but you know the rule. Keep me and the earrings here so I can watch over the box while you're out with Plagg.” Tikki smiles softly at the sight of the ring that’s usually covered by Marinette’s shirt. “He needs to get out.”

Marinette unfastens her earrings and places them onto her comforter before pulling off the necklace and extracting the black and green ring from it. She hesitates, looking up at her red kwami, whose nodding encouragingly. The ring slips onto her finger with ease, the metal immediately warping to fit her finger. When the rings in place, a bright green orb circles her, fading slowly into a very annoyed Plagg.

“Took you long enough to get settled, Bug. Do you need me to cataclysm someone already” Marinette sputters out a laugh at his bluntness. 

“Uh, no. Something quite different, actually. I’m going for a run, and I can’t use the Tikki for obvious reasons, so I’ve decided to use you, if that’s alright.” He nods and she hands him a piece of Camembert before he can ask. “Can you also change up my costume? Lady Noirre has no purpose here, or anywhere else.” Plagg swallows the cheese in one bite before flying up to eye level with Marinette.

“Anything for you, Kitten.” Marinette smiles and calls out, “In that case, Plagg, Claws Out!”

Green light floods the room, momentarily blinding the other kwami. When it recedes, Marinette stands in its place clad in a dark navy top that ends right before her waist, and continues to fade into the darkest black, both separated with a glowing blue downwards arrow. On both of her thighs and calves are x’s in the same color. This unearthly blue separates her black gloves from her top and is wrapped around her ankles. Instead of one staff, she has two secured on either side of her thighs. Her hair was elongated, and was straightened and left down. A mask obscures the upper half of her face, and when she opens her eyes, they’ve changed into the palest cerulean with a slitted pupil. She grins deviously, her newly lengthened canines gleaming in the light.