Chapter 10

DPOV
We skipped her afternoon classes. And afternoon training. No one disturbed us. Once we'd calmed enough to start thinking rationally, we ended sharing a shower-completely undoing the progress we'd made.

We eventually let our brains control our body rather than the other way around. When we did, Roza pulled out her iPhone that Petrov had supplied her. She promptly pulled up the Notes and titled the new page "Wedding Details and Plans". We were doing this. It was beginning to sink in that we were really doing this. If we wanted the wedding during first week of Easter break then we had three weeks to get it all organised. The first step was a no brainer. We had a call to make.

"Dimka!" excitedly greeted Mama before spitting out a string Russian questions.
"Calm down, Mama. I need you to speak English because you're on speaker."
"I'm what? Why? With who?" Now it's an onslaught of English questions all flowing together.
"You're on speaker," said Roza. "Because your son's 'precious Roza' has followed her soulmate half way around the world and we have an announcement to make," continued Rose with a grin.
"How did you manage that, Roza? Did you get reassigned?"
"No, not quite!" my Roza burst out in a fit of giggles. "Dimitri told me he told you we met at St Vladimir's Academy. It's true, we did, after he dragged my sorry backside back to school. Basically, I didn't get reassigned, I simply moved from St Vlad's to St Basil's."
Mama fell silent for a few moments. Then it clicked. "Dimitri Belikov," uh oh. That name and tone from her made me want to gulp. "Is Roza an Academy student?"
"Yes, Mama. My Roza is the renowned and feared Rose Hathaway, the Dragomir Princess's guardian to be, and was my mentor student back at St Vladimir's."
"And now? What role does she now play in Academy terms?" asked Mama.
"She's a student, but an adult one. I'm her "guide dog", essentially. I've got unrestricted access to her and help her understand her classes. I can put in extra hours with her, but I'm not classed as her teacher." In other words, we're free.
"I'm looking forward to meeting you, Roza," Mama said eventually. "Now, what was this news you wanted to tell me?"
"We're getting married," Roza announced happily.
"First week of this Easter break," I added.
"Are you sure you can pull it together that quickly? Are you sure you aren't rushing into it?" asked Mama with concern and curiosity colouring her tone. Love and excitement also laced her words.
"We're sure we aren't rushing," I answered. "And we'll make sure we pull it together."
"This wedding is strictly Russian family and friends. We can't risk anyone from the States knowing until we return for [re]assignment after grad. As much as I want my friends from St Vlad's there, they can't know," explained Roza in a steady and even voice.

I knew it hurt for her to not share this momentous occasion with her life long friends, but she was more than determined to keep that cover somewhat in tact. The school and guardian Council would know of her name change, but it was hoped it wouldn't become worldwide gossip... until after we'd returned for assignment- then they'd all find out, because her name badge will read "Rosemarie Belikova" not "Rosemarie Hathaway".

"Okay," I could hear the smile in my mother's voice. "What can I do to help?" she asked in excitement and determination.
"Well, I want Karo, Sonya and Vika as my bridesmaids. Vika's already said yes."
"I want Paul as paige boy slash ring bearer."
"And Zoya as flower girl if you and Karo think she could handle it."
"Oksana's Mark as my best man."

If I couldn't have Ivan since he had passed on, then I wanted Mark. It would be also be good for Roza to meet that bound married couple.

"Noted. I'll ask them for you. Anything else?"
"Location, Roza?" I asked my darling fiancé.
"Hmm... is there a local church? Or maybe somewhere else significant?" Roza asked in response.

By the end of the call, we had this wedding as organised as possible. We had Mama working on a few steps. She was going to get to back to us this time tomorrow with details.

Roza made me call Vika to her dorm. Only for me to then be kicked back to my own dorm. Apparently, those two were going to go online dress shopping.

RPOV
"Hey, Roza!" cheerily greeted Vika after shoving her bother out my dorm door.
"Hey, Vika," I grinned in response. "Let's get these dresses sorted," I said as I grabbed my tablet and sat on the floor with it.
"Let's," she agreed happily despite being seriously determined to get this done. Just as I was.

My littlest sister-in-law sat opposite me, on the other side of the tablet. I then registered her looking me over, in the way one would when looking for injuries. Judging by her face, she clearly found some marks. I knew I couldn't hide the hickey on my neck, but I wasn't expecting it to look like what she saw.

"Have you looked at yourself in a mirror in the last few hours?" Vika asked nervously.
"Yes," I responded.
"Then you clearly haven't looked in the last five minutes. I would have thought my brother had better control than to do That to you."

I moved to my mirror in the bathroom. The singlet I had on, I adjusted to resemble a sports bra. I also scrunched up my shorts. Vika followed me in and winced at the sight. I smirked in response.
"Vika," I chuckled. A love sick look crossed my face when the memories assaulted my mind. "I asked for this. Dimitri usually is extremely gentle, but this time we unleashed a power and strength neither of us knew we possessed. I bet he's just as bruised." I finished with a smirk while tracing the finger and love-bite marks.

My neck wasn't the only place my fiancé had given me his version of a vampire bite. My ribs and hips had taken the brunt of the pressure that had created extremely pleasurable pain. My arms, shoulders and wrists also had blueing bruises. My back and especially the back of my hips were covered in bruises thanks to what had happened when sandwiched between the back of the door and him. My upper thighs also hadn't escaped a bruising. Oh, I had been marked as his, alright. I had also marked him as mine.

"I didn't need to know, Roza. That's my brother you're talking about."
"I know, but you're the one who pointed it out," I retorted.
"How many times... how many times have you and my brother?" she timidly asked as we returned to my tablet and the task ahead. My clothes back to their prior state.
"There's only been three... sessions, for lack of a better word. When you find the one who can burn you, fog your brain and make you forget the world with a single look, once you start it's hard to stop. It's impossible to describe or explain, Vika," I said while pulling up a local dress store's website. The text was in Russian, of course. But I was lucky to find a translate function and switched the language to English.
"I've heard the rumours of you with Adrian Ivashkov and a few others..." the youngest Belikova started uncertainly, clearly not wanting to offend me. "But Dimka adamantly refutes and denies the rumours, he says they're all wrong... I guess, I was wondering if my big brother was your first, because I can sense that you're the opposite to the reputation you have in That area. I can see how loyal and loving you are, I can tell that you're hard for anyone to get close to emotionally, let alone close enough to do That." I'll admit, she's good at reading people.
"If you're scared of offending me, sister, don't be. I'm not offended. You've pretty much hit the nail on the head, so to speak. I have a reputation for fooling around, but I'm much more self-conscious than I like people knowing. So yes, Dimitri was my first, and all the rumours regarding Adrian Ivashkov are all his doing, not mine."

We efficiently worked through until curfew-two hours later. Vika and I had managed to short list my favourite bride's dresses down to four, and rank them in price order. As for the bridesmaid's dresses... the short list for that was six options. Ranking them had been a little harder than going by price alone. All because we had to make sure that it would fit Sonya if she agreed to be a bridesmaid, and that it was affordable. When it came to Zoya's flower girl dress, that had been easy to choose. There was one absolutely adorable outfit that would go with each of the short listed bride's dresses.