12

I'm just telling y'all now, if I kill someone off in the next 2 chapters, just know that 3 of you are the reason for it.

You know who you are.

-^Erebus^

......................................................

Schlatt listened for the sound of Tubbo's door closing before turning to his husband. God did he want to kill that child, but of course Quackity wouldn't allow that to happen.

Schlatt learned the hard way how far Quackity would go to keep that boy safe. Though the wound had healed Schlatt could still see the faint scar going down his husbands forehead all the way down to his collar bone. Schlatt didn't mean to hurt Quackity, it was Tubbo's fault in the first place.

Truth be told that was part of the reason Schlatt hated the boy as much. Besides the fact Tubbo was an enemy who helped form and carry out plans against him and the other rebels.

"That kid is nothing but trouble." He stated and stepped closer to Quackity. Quackity lifted his head to meet the others gaze.

"You were exactly like him when you were younger. What happened to that boy I knew?" He asked, a soft smile on his face. Schlatt looked his husband dead in the eyes and responded; "I grew up. Something that Tubbo refuses to do. If he just stopped acting like a child and followed the 1 rule I had we wouldn't get into these situations." Schlatt paused to get a good look at Quackity.

He was nervous, anyone could see that. But there was more to it than that, he was scared of Schlatt. Scared of what he would say or do to him. There were many things Schlatt has done during arguments with Quackity, but laying his hands on him was NEVER something Schlatt would even think about doing.

Schlatt did love his husband dearly, they had married during the revolution and taken the throne together. It was only when Tubbo come along did they begin fighting. It was always the same, they'd have an argument, Quackity would run off crying, Schlatt would find him and apologize, then rinse and repeat. Over and over. Yet they still didn't even think about leaving each other, because no matter how much they fought or however they disagreed they still loved each other.

But this was new.. during arguments Quackity would be the one doing most of the yelling, never showing a hint of fear in his facial expressions or in his voice. Now however, he looked as Schlatt as if he was a criminal. As if he was going to hurt him if he said one thing that the other disagreed with.

"I don't enjoy yelling at you. I don't enjoy these arguments! That boy is the reason for all these fights, he's the reason our marriage is falling apart! I should've killed him when I had the chance, maybe then we wouldn't be like this!" Schlatt yelled. Quackity was quick to respond, like always. "He's a child, the reason we fight so much about him is because you want to kill a literal CHILD! Maybe the reason our marriage is going so downhill not because of him, but because of you!"

There was a long pause before Schlatt put one hand on Quackity's shoulder and the other on his chin. Schlatt lifted his husbands head to look at him before saying as simply as possible;

"You are nothing without me, I hope you know that."

Quackity seemed shocked that Schlatt would say such a thing to him, but as he always did. He believed him. It wasn't exactly a lie, his parents both died in a house fire when he was only 5, he was alone for his entire life. Then he met Schlatt. He gave him purpose, something Quackity had never had before. Still, no matter how true the statement was, it still hurt to hear. There were things that one shouldn't say to another person, no matter how "true" it is.