White Cross

The sun peeked through the boarded windows and shone right onto Maggies eyes, causing her to wake up. She glanced beside her and admired Glenn sleeping peacefully by her side with a smile. She quietly climbed up off the floor, being very cautious of the other members sleeping. Maggie glanced around the church, sleeping bodies lay next to each other. Each with their own rhythm rising and falling from their chest. However her eyes stopped at the opened door to the priests office. Maggies gut twisted and turned inside her as she slowly approached it. The sofa empty. Beth nor Daryl were anywhere to be seen. ''No..no no no.'' Maggie had lost all concern for her sleeping friends and darted for the door. ''Mag's what the hell-''

''They're gone.'' She bit her lip, clearing trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to spill. Glenn rubbed his eyes sleepily. ''Who?.'' Maggie took a deep breath and whipped the stray tears that rolled down her cheeks. ''Beth, Daryl.. their both gone.'' Glenns eyes widened. ''What?.'' Maggie couldn't contain herself. Tears freely fell from her eyes now. She was filled with anger, sadness and hatred. ''I knew I never should have trusted some hillbilly scum to take care of my sister!.'' She yelled. The group had woken up in confusion. ''What the hell is going on?.'' Rick interupted her babbling. ''Daryl and Beth are gone Rick, they're gone.'' Rick furrowed his eyebrows and clenched his jaw as he attempted to comprehend what he was being told. ''How is that possible? all the windows and doors are boarded up.'' Rick couldn't wrap his mind around the situation. One of his best fighters and care takers had gone missing. Maggie roughly grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him towards the room where they're eyes laid on the missing floor boards. ''That would be your answer.'' Rick knew that the group couldn't just start a search party for them, considering the church had been surrounded with walkers. Rick pursed his lips and walked away. He knew they couldn't have gone far, but that didn't mean he didn't fear for their safety.

The dead grass and wood chips crunched under Beth's feet as she followed Daryl through the forest. She felt guilty leaving the church. Especially because they left with no goodbye or note as to where they were going. Beth smirked, If I even knew where we were going .. ''Hold up,'' Daryl whispered, holding out his arm to stop Beth from walking any further. There was rustling in the bushes around them and beth grasped her knife. The two looked in all directions for the source of the noise and sure enough, a walker leaps at beth however before it could get close, Daryl stabs it with his knife, spraying blood all over the brand new shirt beth had gotten. The walkers body fell to the ground like a rag doll as Daryl pulled the knife from his skull. ''Ya'll right?.'' He asked the blonde girl in front of him who's eyes were wide with shock. ''Ye-Yeah, thanks.'' Daryl grunted in responce before continuing the stroll through the forest. Beth was in deep thought. It had been days since they made 'new memories' and ever since Daryl has been distant. Is there something wrong with me? .. Beth though as she looked down at her frale body. Beth had been in such deep thought, she didn't realize that Daryl was talking to her. ''Bethy, ya home?.'' He cooed, slightly mocking her father. ''Don't call me bethy.'' She snapped un intentionally. Daryl smirked and sat down on a rock, laying his cross bow down beside him. The two sat in silence for sevral minutes which to beth felt like years. ''What's on your mind, kid?.'' He finally asked. ''I'm not a kid,'' Beth stated, staring into his blue eyes. ''And I don't know.. I'm just thinking about the other day.'' Daryl swallowed hard, clearly uncomfortable with the topic. ''What 'bout it?.'' His voice stayed netural. Beth sat down crossed legged in front of him and shrugged. ''You were so sweet..now your actin' like nothin' happened.'' She began fiddling with the long grass as she waited for his responce, and to no suprise there wasn't one. Anger filled her small body as she jumped to her feet. ''Daryl Dixon you answer me right now.''

He looked up at beth, Her blue eyes spat oceantic fire and he stared into them. Her eyes were one thing he loved the most about her. Daryl always observed her. The way her nose crinkles when she laughs to how her eyes turn a deep ocean blue when shes angry. He admired her, but he would never admit it.. well again .. ''Are you even listenin' to me?.'' She placed her hands on her hips and he smirked. He found it sorta cute when she tried to be stern with him. ''Yeah.'' She got down on her knees and stared at him face to face. ''Acknowledge me then!.'' Daryl rolled his eyes and cupped her face with his hands before roughly colliding his lips with hers. It took beth a minute to realize what was happening before she kissed him back. After a good minute or two, Daryl's hands dropped from her face and he pulled away with a childish smirk. Daryl hoped that would shut her up for a little as he stood up and began walking, cross bow in hand. ''Hold up,'' Daryl raised an eyebrow as he slowly turned to face her. ''You still didn't answer my question.''

''Oh shush, c'mon.'' The two walked through the forest in a comfortable silence. ''Where we headed?.'' Beth asked. ''Dunno yet.. but it'll be somewhere where we'll live the way life was meant to be lived.'' Beth laughed. ''Daryl Dixon what are you goin' on about?.'' Suddenly embarrassed , Daryl shrugged. ''Nevermind, c'mon.''

Hey guys!

sorry for the lack of updates! its exam week and its been pretty tough trying to balence all of my school activities and homework and friends and wattpad and ugh! anyways, expect updates from me here on out so i hope you enjoyed!

share, vote and comment.

have a good day!

-aut, xo

[January 27 2015]