12 Hours

Once upon a time, there was a Kinich Ahau (Mayan Sun god) and Ixchel (Mayan Moon goddess). One day, Kinich Ahau thought to himself and said,

"My, I am so good looking and powerful yet, I have to set every single day." he thought to himself.

" No one likes Ixchel, she is so dull everyone falls asleep when she's here." he thought.

The next day Ixchel went to take her part and then Kinich Ahau came and said,

"I'm so much better than you, you will not make it nighttime I will make it stay day forever and YOU WILL NOT SAY A WORD, OR ELSE" said Kinich Ahau.

"OR ELSE, WHAT," said Ixchel.

"Well, I hadn't planned an answer to this but, I will do something that will make you regret trying to fight back."

"Well, if you are staying right here in the sky I will stay here too and we will fight," said Ixchel.

Then they fought all you could see was flashes of gold and silver the other gods started to take sides and for a few days, everything was chaos. Then one day a human being named John Potato Pickle, came and said,

"My gods, please why are you fighting over a place in the sky we had 12 hours for the sun and 12 for the moon, " said John Potato Pickle.

"But, she's boring and no one likes her so that is why I should be the sun and the shwoon that's my new name for the moon, " said Kinich Ahau.

"Dude, everyone sleeps at night because when it is day time they work and get tired at night they sleep because of my peaceful aura, " said Ixchel.

"Ixchel and Kinich Ahau there is no absolute need to fight because look, we all have to share and Kinich Ahau you do not be greedy, and Ixchel does not cause fights you should try to make peace," said John Potato Pickle.

And that was the end of this story. Ixchel learned to never cause fights and Kinich Ahau learned that he should never be greedy.