oldschool love

2016.

for the last half an hour, sitting in the light of the sun that gradually fills the sky with its brilliance and warm glow. She began to feel the victory of heat over the mild breeze of chillness in the weather.

The month of december, when sunniest days are warm even when she can see her breath rise as neat and pure vapor.
The days of quiet poetry going in her soul as if it calls to the spring flowers that will blossom soon.

Turning her back towards the sun, she swung her open washed hair in front of her doe-shaped eyes to protect them from the gaze of the sun.

Just the same way, on seeing her hiding her angelic face in the swirls of hair, once Kabir Sinha had said,

"Mein toh bachpan se mussoorie mein huin, lekin ye Jagah itni khoobsurat pehle kabhi nahin thi. Tumne mussoorie ko badalkar rakh diya."

"...Aur agar mein na aati toh?" Without looking in his eyes, Arya Sharma asked.

"Umm... Toh ye shayad Mussoorie nahi Mysore hota"

Saying this he had laughed out loud that day, so much that the pinch of shyness which was relaxing on her pearl lips even ran away getting scared. On their lame jokes, they laughed for hours.

Getting and talking about the likes and dislikes of one another and discussing the same, they used to sneak to know the feelings of each other's heart.

They used to talk for hours and hours without caring about the time or damn world. Those were their golden days, Arya never felt that life will take a u-turn and everything will be changed.

For the first time, Arya and Kabir met in the beautiful hills of Mussoorie.

And that was truly said by people that those shining armors like mountains gave never-ending lifetime memories to the people of its shelter.

On the way from Haridwar to Mussoorie, she never liked coming to that small town, but as it was her aunt's house she had to come without any delays.

But the reality was, after her first meeting with him she used to find ways to meet him again and again but somewhere she was knowing that the person had a mutual feeling for her.

Kiya, her cousin the best soulie one could ever get was the one who making cute tricks she always used to climb on the tourist trap to reach Mussoorie.

"Aaj nhi toh Kal , mujhe ghar lautna hi hai. Tum mujhse milna mt aaya karo"

Arya had made him understood not once but an nth number of times. But, Kabir was more stubborn, he never cared for what she suggested to him.

She remembered it was a dense fog that day. The trees were veiled in the lightest of mists, their trunks somber brown with sable cracks that gnarl the bark.

As her eye traveled to the edge of the woodland they became silhouettes against a blanket of white, as if that was only daylight where she stands, as if she was encircled by twilight.

She had left for in the day itself and after promising herself to end this stumbled tale of their lives. But, as they say when nature wants to play even the person can't do anything.

The mountains so fondly, with such love called the evening close to her, that the day got closed before time.

"Haa mein bhi toh chahta huin, aaj ye kissa humesha ke liye khatam ho jaye.."

saying, he glanced across the beautifully nurtured mountain which was decorated by nature itself, which made Arya gasped with a shiver.

"Matlab?"

For a second, she looked directly into those hazel brown orbs without blinking as if trying to look for something which was hidden from her eyes. Just when a little girl came there to sell flowers, and she gets herself involved in picking up flowers diverting her mind.

"Didi, ye wale phool laga lo ekdum heroine lag rhi ho ap", the little girl exclaimed looking at her.

At the very moment, Arya looked at Kabir as if trying to say so many things but the heart stays mum.

With tears in their eyes, holding each other's hands they came miles away but as they remembered, their journey was not meant to be together ahead.

Until then, Kiya came and asked Arya to go back as the tourist trap was about to leave and Kabir had come to drop her till the bus and left without turning back again.

After coming back to her town, she used to remember him through their talks and slowly he faded away like a breeze.

Those were the days when they didn't have cell phones with them to find out what so ever they like.

The love in those old days used to have special in the air itself.

Truthfulness, purity, and most of all the patience used to be there with trust.
That was not the time of social media, people can't make to connect so far, people used to value each other taking out their time.

Today is the era of social media. being in love, in this generation is so terrifying, loyalty is so rare and people are so quick to choose a good time over good thing.

All those lost ones have connected. Many groups are there from school, colleges, offices and even family groups but... Kabir wasn't there in any of the categories, then how could they had connected. Not even his mobile number was there.

Time passed. reality faded behind those mountains. distance between the reality and the virtual world was far to gather in.

The sunlight started sharping as the sun came overhead. She picked her long traces and hurriedly made a beautiful bun.

Those deep black orbs came back to their reality as the memories faded away from her eyes.

some connections, some people and some places are the best memorials to live on. the short of span faded with time and the memory gathered with rigid ink in the lost corner of the heart.

those moments lasts all of a second, but the memory lives on forever.

just sometimes, destiny sends unexpected people in your life to give many tears, joys, happiness, and an everlasting love which fades away slowly at the end.

यादें रह जाती हैं याद करने के लिए,
और वक्त... सब लेकर गुज़र जाता है।